Monday 24 July 2017

Masterboard Monday.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
 

I am here today to show you a card made with these background papers which I made by pulling the card through Distress Oxide inks, applied to my craft mat and sprayed with water:

 
I embellished the butterfly with matching gems.

 
I haven't used many spray inks recently so decided to colour some additional card with Prima Color Bloom sprays and then die cut it using a Tim Holtz Thinlits die.
 
I cut this so that it would be slightly smaller than the background and stamped the sentiment.

 
I really like this as you can see the colours below and the sprayed section works really well with it.
 
I am not normally a big lover of yellow but I had this butterfly from an earlier project which I had made using one of Tim Holtz stamps and dies. The top section is vellum which has been heat embossed with yellow embossing powder.

 
I have started some more similar cards but they will follow another time.


I would love to hear your comments.
 
Many thanks for stopping by and happy crafting.
 
Angela x

8 comments:

Crafty Claire said...

Very pretty cards. A simple but really effective technique. Xx

Jackie PN said...

Beautiful cards Angela.I look forward to seeing the others completed.
I do love the Oxides and the subtle colors they bring! xx

pam said...

Gorgeous cards Angela, fabulous background colours and decoration.
Pam x

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous use of the Oxides and mixed media dies together to make your pretty card. The butterfly is the perfect addition. Enjoy your week xxx

Cara said...

Love the look of these abs that vellum butterfly is just fabulous!

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

These look so lovely Angela! Great idea for the backgrounds!

Barb said...

Gorgeous cards Angela. I love the oxides. Barbxx

Ruth said...

Such pretty, soft oxide colours, love how you've layered them to create such beautiful cards Angela. Hugs Ruth xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10