Sunday 18 May 2014

Prima Seashore Cards.

Sorry but there are more cards Blogging Friends,  I just love this set and don't know if I will be able to stop until the pad is empty.
If you like them too, they are available from Ali-Craft.

I decided that for this card I would really like to try and make a ship in a bottle. The little ship stamp was just crying out to be put in a bottle Lol!

This is what I ended up with.

  • I used a Tim Holtz die for the bottle which I cut out in card from the pad and in acetate.
  • I edged the card die cut with distress ink and cut out the stopper using cork sheet.
  • The ship was a stamp from the collection and was cut out and attached to the card.
  • I completed the card by matting and layering papers from the pad onto black card then attaching a strip of builders scrim to the centre panel, wrapping string around this before attaching the mounted bottle and sentiment.
  • The Crystal gems were then added to finish the design.


Close-ups of the card shows the detail more clearly.


 
Back soon with more samples.
 
Happy crafting,
Angela x

4 comments:

Von said...

I love your idea of the ship in the bottle super card :)
Von ♥

Redanne said...

This is such a clever idea Angela and you have executed it perfectly - I love it. I so nearly bought that stamp set today but stopped myself at the last minute.

It was so lovely to meet up with you today, I really enjoyed chatting with you! It was a long and hot drive home! Hugs, Anne xx

pam said...

brilliant idea for this card Angela, love your cards for Ali, went and had a peek at the craft show today, beautiful cards.
pam

Mary said...

What a fantastic idea...ship in a bottle and you did it with fabulous style. Good job! What a wonderful man's BD card this would be....I hate making men cards....but this one would be wonderful! I think I shall go have a peek around. I'll turn the light out when I leave :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10