Monday 26 May 2014

Steampunk Father's Day Card.

Hi Blogbuddies, this is unusual for me but I have already completed a Father's Day card lol!
The thing that makes it unusual is that I am normally on the last legs yet it is still only May lol!
I had an idea for a Father's Day Pop-up box card but thought I had better be sure so decided to start it early.
I wanted it manly so decided to make it in a Steampunk style using metallic effect card.
I am entering this in SanDee and Amelie's Steampunk Challenge for May which is called "Heavy Metal", I have just enough time to enter.
Anyway here it is:

I have used mostly Tim Holtz dies to create the gears, lock, key plate, keys etc. though I have added a few gears cut with Spellbinders dies.

 
 
 
I wanted to create texture on the gears so added Tim Holtz glitter as seen below.
To begin with I used the Glue and Seal to attach the glitter but found the sticky embossing powder worked better for this technique.
I then rubbed over the glitter using Black Soot distress ink giving it an aged appearance.


 
For the main part of the card, I embossed it using a Sue Wilson embossing folder.
After embossing, I darkened the card by running over the surface with Black Soot distress ink, applied with a blending tool.

 
I then started to layer up the elements I had already prepared
and also used a Tim Holtz embossing folder to give texture to the layering card.


 
This is what the card looks like when folded flat.


 
And a few close-ups of the finished box card.
I stamped the sentiment onto grey mottled card, mounted that onto mirror card and attached it on the top back section.



 
 
I completed the card with the addition of crystal gems and a Shisha mirror on the large gear at the back.
 


I hope you like this and obviously that my father will too.
Please don't tell him you have seen it lol!
Happy crafting,
Angela x

2 comments:

Claudia N. said...

I love this kind of exploding box card, Angela,

and the texture you used with yours is awesome! A brilliant steampunk make! Wow!

Thank you for sharing it with us at SASPC!

Hugs,
Claudia x

Brigitte said...

Bautiful box card. A perfect texture.
Thank you for your participation at Sandee & Amelie steampunk challenges
Coutureuse

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10