Friday 21 September 2018

Friday Fun Day.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you just a few photographs of our visit to Chatsworth Game Fair.
For all my friends who are not familiar with these events this is different to the Lincolnshire Show which is Agricultural with everything relating to farming and a Game Fair is based on all the country events that the rich folks would have originally had fun with though thank goodness the UK doesn't allow actual fox hunting anymore.

I'm a bit behind with these due to other stuff but hope you will enjoy looking even though it's slightly after the event.
There are quite a few photos here so I shall keep reasonably quiet and just let you look.

Playing with my new camera again and yes this is the eye of an animal!

 
From the window of the hotel you can just see him.
Quite pleased with that close-up. Even more pleased that this hotel is only six minutes drive to Chatsworth.



 This is us arriving at the show not the bullock, he carried on munching.

 
So sweet!

 
Lots of sporty stuff going on.


There he is again.
Mmmm, must be a strong little pony.
 


He's gained a friend.

 
Lovely ponies.

 
Crafty stuff.

 
Demonstrations.

 
Fairground.



 
Like these little huts, fancy one of these in my garden.


 
Dancing Diggers.


Gorgeous old cars.


 
Beautiful building.




Re-enactment teams.
Boys and their toys!




Lovely old Bus.


 
Dogs having a good time.


 Beagles.

 
Hounds.


Folly tower on the hill.
 

I could live there.
 
 
Dry Stone walls being built.


Farriers at work.
This is a great place to be on a cold day as you can feel all the heat just stood watching.


There is a lot to see at this show and too much to show you here so this is just a taster. 
 
Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.
 
 And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This was incredibly interesting, Angela. What a very different show from ANYTHING that we have in the states. I loved seeing the hounds and the horses/riders.

I want one of those tiny huts for MY garden, too

Your new camera is INCREDIBLE. Talk about awe inspiring. That cow's eye is out of this world. Great close-up. SO glad you took us with you to this fair.

mamapez5 said...

What a great show. I would have loved to spend day there. I enjoy your distant and close up photos. That is what I like taking myself.
Thanks for sharing your outing.
Kate x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What a great show Angela and the weather looked very kind to you. I'd love one of those little huts/sheds but there would be more hut than garden if I did hee hee..
Great things to photograph with your new camera, thanks for capturing it and sharing it all with us.
Weekend Hugs Tracey xx

Jackie PN said...

Angela, "eye" love the opening photograph! teeheehee
Looks like it was a wonderful fair! I bet your folks had a real good time with you! Did you stay and watch much of the agility show with the dogs? I bet that was a hoot to see in person!
TFS! Have a nice rest of your weekend!
Jackie xo

Annie said...

Hi Angela. I’m sorry for being so late this week but I do have a good excuse....you will prob see a photo or two next Friday 😀 ....I will keep you in suspense til then lol. I love your master diary in your Monday’s post and the pics of the show really made me smile...esp the one of all the ‘heat’ in the last photo....I could just imagine you stopping there a while 😉
Hugs,
Annie x

Shoshi said...

Oh, this is great, Angela! I am green with envy. You know how I adore a county show.

Glad you had such a great day, and that the weather was nice, too.

Shoshi

pearshapedcrafting said...

Chatsworth is such a lovely place so can imagine it being a great backdrop! Hugs,Chrisx

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What amazing photos, Angela - I'm just loving that pony cart (and feel a bit sorry for the pony, I must admit!).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10