Wednesday 12 September 2018

WOYWW #484-What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Hi Workdesk friends. 
Here we are for another Wednesday at the Workdesk. 
I am here again to show you:

"What's on my Workdesk this Wednesday".

If you don't know what this is all about then please visit the
 
Stamping Ground, our host Julia will explain.


So here is my desk for today!

Strictly speaking this is not true which some of you will know as these pebbles are actually finished but just wanted to show you the stages as I know lots of you were interested to see how I make them.
So here goes.

 
After the photograph last week this was the next stage. To 
start with the eye ball draw a circle, add the colour and blend with a dry brush then add the triangle for the pupil.
 
 
 
 
I usually draw this in pencil first and then do the same for the lid.
The corners can be coloured white or black, then add the chosen colour for the outer section.

 
From there move to the detail.
Just outlining the eye starts to bring it to life.

 
 These are done with a combination of Pebeo acrylic paints and Sharpies felt tip pens. Some of the paints used here are Iridescent.
 
From this to this!

Again draw the scales in pencil. Outline with black and gold felt tips and add a little shadow to the scales then highlight with a Pebeo  white pen.
 
 
Add detail with a fine pen to the eye ball and white shadows.
You might be able to see that I add a grey shadow under the eyelids too.
Glaze the eye ball with Glossy Accents.
Allow to dry and then spray with Varnish.

You will notice that most of my dragon's eyes have the triangle in the centre, the reason is explained as follows: 

 

The Dragon's Eye is an ancient Germanic symbol as collected by Rudolf Koch. The Dragon's Eye is an isosceles or equilateral triangle pointing downward, with a "Y" in the middle connecting the three points of the triangle together. ... The Dragon's Eye symbol stands for the balance of love, power, protection and wisdom.
 
Now I hope that is clear that dragon eyes are not as scary as you might have thought.
Anyway enough of that!

Before I go just have to tell you all about my visit on Tuesday to meet some great people, you know them!

 
From the left is Margaret (Glitterandglue), Chris (Mrs-D), Shaz (Shaz in Oz) Oh! and me.
It was so good to meet these lovely ladies that I have known for so long through woyww and I came home with some lovely gifts too.


I'm done for today.

 

Thanks for stopping by and hope you will pop over and join in the visits around the other desks.

 I'm off now to see what everyone else is up to.
Have a great woyww 
and 
happy crafting,

Angela xXx

22 comments:

Helen said...

love the step by step of your dragon eyes. but I heard about your meet up so had to come to find pictoral evidence! what a fab time! Helen #1

Marit said...

I love the dragon eyes and thanks for the explanation about the triangle in the eye, intersting! That photo is really lovely, how nice to meet these ladies! Have a great week, happy woyww and a big hug from HOlland. Marit #18

shazsilverwolf said...

HI Angela, that is fab that you got to meet some fellow WOYWWers! Love the dragon eyes, and a very interesting explanation about the symbol. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #8 X

Neet said...

Glad you got to meet the girls, especially the one from down under.
Love the eyes, those are rather special and I saw them on Mrs D's blog and wondered what they were and where she had got them , now it has all been explained. I am so envious - must come and search the area for one when you hide them.
Thanks for the information about the symbol too.
Hugs, Neet 9 xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Interesting about the triangle symbols...you learn something new every day eh?! I loved the dragon eye step by step, the glossy accents make such a difference and is the perfect finishing touch!
Hugs LLJ 10 xxx

Annie said...

It was so lovely to see you meeting up with our special blogging friends...I saw the pic first on Margaret’s blog earlier 😀 I really love your dragons eyes so it was lovely to see how exactly you do them.
Hugs,
Annie x #14

Jackie PN said...

Those dragon's eyes are fabulous!!

Angela! How wonderful to meet up with blog friends! There is nothing like being able to create together with those friends we have found on the net! Good on you!
Jackie xo

Twiglet said...

Thanks for the tuition - I think we need a crop where you can do a quick demo!!Lovely photo of those WOYWWers! xx Jo

Stacy Sheldon said...

Hi Angela, those eye stones look so awesome but, even more fun is seeing all your happy faces together. thanks for sharing that! :) ~Stacy #24

Sarah Brennan said...

So glad you managed a mini meet up Angela. I look forward to meeting you in person sometime too. Love the step by step for the dragon eyes. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #5

Claire said...

Love seeing photos of the process!
Happy WOYWW :)
Claire no. 2

Diana Taylor said...

Wow, how fascinating about the dragon's eyes, I had no idea there was a story to them. The step by step pics are great and I love seeing how you have really brought them alive. The photo is great, it looks like you had such a lovely time.
Have a great week,
Diana x #17

Heather M said...

Hi Angela, thanks for sharing the dragons eyes. I'm always interested to see how something is made, or how an effect is achieved. Great photo of you all, I hope you had as much fun as we had at the Crop. Have a lovely week Heather x #11

Lillianb said...

Happy WOYWDW

Love the dragons eyes, Great picture of you all,

Lilian B #15

Sue said...

Hi Angela, Very interesting about the Dragons eye.

Nice to put faces to the names, so thanks for sharing your photo.

Nice selection of goodies.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #12

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Your Dragon eye pebbles really are fantastic Angela.
Thank you for sharing the relation of the triangle, it's a spiritual symbol which I had never thought to relate it to the eye. Fascinating fact!
Lovely to have met up with a handful of the WOYWW Folk lots of happy smiles there.
Hugs Tracey xx

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Not only do I love the look of your dragon eyes, I love your explanation - not scary at all, in either case. What a fabulous post, Angela!

Lindart said...

I love your Dragon's Eyes, and the explanation is awesome. You have gotten me interested in painting rocks to the point of Pinning a ton of ideas, but not yet painting the rocks! I was thinking of a few Christmas Presents! My daughter had a lovely garden that I think needs a few dragon's eyes peeking out! Thanks for labeling your photo, I'm trying to figure out who everyone is on other photos! What a nice surprise that Shaz in Oz showed up, maybe someday it will be me, you never know! I will try the warm water thing with the sprays, and hope it works! Have a great week, and thanks for your visit! Lindart #23

gujrati moj said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

So glad you shared your lovely Dragon's Eye and your drawing explanation, too. The eyes turned out great and of course, I loved seeing the process you took us through.

LOVED seeing you with others from the crop. I had read about it earlier and was delighted to see photos, too. Sorry I was late visiting, but so grateful you stopped by. Thanks for your suggestion, but I only have Firefox on my new computer, so have only one internet option. My choice and the one I live with. BTW, I think the error is a Mr. Linky problem and I got no response when I sent Brent an e-mail. Happy WOYWW from #3.

glitterandglue said...

Hi Angela.I am REALLY late getting around this week - been so busy hosting Shaz in Oz - but she is now safely tucked up with a friend in America, so I can begin to think...
It was so good to meet you last Tuesday - a lovely surprise for Shaz, too. Thank you for the little dragon's eye.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #20

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Hi Angela finally hunted up the eyes and seen how they were made.. amazing and very special. Mine is def my fav the one top right purple with turquoise.. do love the design.. better than icecream and pumpkins 😉 thanksso much for sharing. Great to meet you too! Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10