Monday 29 October 2018

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge # 221 - Explosion of colour.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Hi! back again to tell you that it's time for another challenge over
at Crafty Cardmakers.

Angela (me of course!) is hosting today and our challenge is Explosion of Colour, bet this will be fun!  

As usual you can enter anything you fancy, it doesn't have to be cards, as long as it meets the challenge. 

Hope you will join in.
And here is my project for the challenge:

 
If this doesn't explode with colour I don't know what does.
I started this card by stamping onto the black card blank with Distress oxides.

 
I used the die above to cut the squares from a Masterboard made earlier using Gel medium through a stencil and then adding Pixie and Brusho powders.
These squares can be difficult to position so I applied glue to them before attaching to the card.
Pull the die gently away from the card which leaves the squares glued down in exactly the right place leaving just the edges still attached to the die.
How easy is that.

 
I used a Tim Holtz text die and a white and black pen to add dots around the squares to add interest.

 
Quite a mixture of techniques today but pleased with the finished card.


 I hope you will pop over to see what the rest of the DT have been up to and maybe join in the challenge.
I look forward to seeing what you come up with too.
 Happy crafty card making.
Angela x

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Die Cutting Divas - Challenge #393 - Anything Goes.
The Corrosive Challenge Blog. Challenge 10: Anything Goes in October.
QKR Stampede. Challenge 319: Anything Goes.

 

12 comments:

pam said...

Love this fabulous design Angela, amazing colours and details.
Pam x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi all, happy crafting xXx

Margaret Mifsud said...

This is so gorgeous Angela! The burst of colour underneath the die cut really pops and the black and white dots adds such a lot of interest!! I love your method of glueing the shapes down before removing it from the die. Brilliant!! Will have to keep that one in mind! Have an amazing day!! hugs xx

Glenda Atkins said...

It does indeed explode with colour Angela and another marvellous card! Love the black accent over the marvellous colours. Big hugs!
Glenda

Brenda Brown said...

Explode with colour is exactly the right terminology. A fabulous bright and colourful card Angela and I was intrigued with gluing the die before releasing it? Xxx

Craftyfield said...

Yes the colours pops off the page! The contrast with the white and black is just right, great design too. xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Angela, a fabulous explosion of colour and I love this die. Have a very happy week, Sue xx

Lin said...

This is simply gorgeous Angela. I love the beautiful bright colours in the background and the clever use of the square diecut to create contrasting black on white, and white on black squares. The leaf finishes it off, like looking through a window into a bright sunny day!

I am sorry I don't get by anywhere near as often as I should, but wanted to thank you for all your hard work for the team.

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a wonderful card, Angela - I love how the black makes those colours pop. It's definitely a celebration, my friend!!

crafty said...

A lovely card teamy. And with my other hat on thank you for joining the QKR Stampede challenge.
Mary

Esther said...

Your card is lovely!
Thanks for joining Die Cuttin' Divas this week!

The Red Mullet Band said...

Lovely project!
Thanks for joining us at Corrosive Challenge blog.
Ana Isabel DT Coordinator.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10