Friday 26 October 2018

Friday Fun Day.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.

Lots of visiting my parents but managed to get some gardening done too.
This little Acer Bonsai has lost all it's leaves now but I think it's when they are bare like this that you are able to see just how much it looks like the full size tree.
It has a great shape with well proportioned branches and a lovely thick, well shaped trunk.

 
I am particularly fond of this tree as it was dug up and potted for me by the late and very knowledgeable Harry Tomlinson. 
If you live in the UK the Bonsai garden has now been taken over by his sons. It is called Greenwood Gardens and is on the Ollerton Road, Arnold, Nottingham.
I have to say that when I go there I come away feeling so relaxed, it's just a lovely place to visit though it might be because I usually come away with a lovely tree too!

Now do you remember this?

 
Well I have been busy putting all the boxes in. Think I shall definitely need some labels though.


 
There doesn't seem to be a lot here this week but you can be sure that we've been busy.
 
 
 Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.
And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

8 comments:

Annie said...

I love your bonsai tree....my hubby's cousin has many bonsai trees and is in our local bonsai tree group and has been for years.
Your new cupboard is even more impressive now you have all the boxes in there....def needing labels though :-)
Hugs,
Annie x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi All xXx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Thanks for visiting me earlier. I LOVE those boxes. I suspect you have a fortune tied up in the boxes alone, much less that awesome new cabinet. I suggest either tags or washi tape for labels. Something that can easily be removed when you want to change the contents of the box.

Your bonsai is gorgeous. I am impressed that you can keep it alive. I had one that lasted about a year. So much for my green thumb. Have a great Friday and wonderful weekend, too.

pam said...

Beautiful tree Angela, you must have green fingers, wow fabulous storage.
Pam x

mamapez5 said...

I have to label my boxes too. I think I am so organised and know where everything is, but I am glad of the reminders when I want anything in a hurry.
Your little tree is a lovely shape, but I have to admit I have never been too sure how I feel about bonsai trees. I love the full size ones so I am not sure they should be made to grow stunted. But that's just me. It's a good thing we don't all like the same things. Kate x

Lindart said...

Wow-that storage is awesome! And yes, I think you will need labels for sure! Your Bonsai is beautiful! Do you have to bring it inside for the winter? Thanks for your visit, have a great week! Lindart #28

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Bonsai are so beautiful; one can't help but think of the years involved in creating something so special. Oh, and I now have storage envy...I'll bet you can't wait to fill and label all those lovely boxes!!

Jackie PN said...

Holy moly girlfriend!!! Are there shelves in between each of those boxes?? and yes, absolutely labels would be needed! LOL I love organization though,don't you?
I hope your Mum is doing better and finds herself home soon,before Dad takes a liking to where he is! LOL
hugs,Jackie xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10