Monday 8 October 2018

Masterboard Monday and the C Word!

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

I am here today to show you a card made with this Masterboard:

 
Which started like this.
 
 
 The textured effect was done using screwed up wax paper then ironed onto water colour paper and rub over with Distress Oxides. The waxed areas work as a resist but I do buff it with a soft cloth which removes any residue of ink on the wax.

 
I love the finish on this and you could use it as it is but I added some stamped images using Paper Artsy stamps by Tracy Scott.

 
I'm feeling lazy so going to stamp several images at the same time which works well if you're doing A3 which is my favourite size for Masterboards.

 
This piece of paper on the right was a mop up that I used which may well come in useful on another project. Never like to waste paper or ink.

 
So here we are.


I don't always do this but decided to mark off the back into sections.
This does help to prevent wastage if you are sure about how you intend using the Masterboard.
 
 
And here is the first card.

 
I wont tell you it's a quick card to make because it isn't as I fussy cut the stamped images and then attached them to the Masterboard. There are stamps for the Ho! Ho! Ho! but I actually wrote them on free hand for this card.
I'm sure I don't need to tell you that this is another Paper Artsy stamp this time by elenazinski Art.
The sentiment was a freebie from a magazine.


 I finished the stars off with some gold stickles glue which you can probably see better here.
 
 
I've used a Woodware stamp for this called Everything Christmas.


Hope you like it and I would love to hear your comments.
 
Many thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,
 
Angela x
 
I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Happy Little Stampers - Christmas-October challenge.
Sparkles Christmas Challenge: #93 - Christmas is for Kids.
The Merry Christmas Challenge: Sept 15-Oct 14 challenge.
Simon Wednesday challenge - Let's get ready for Christmas.

11 comments:

Helen said...

great idea to measure out your masterboard. great images.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh Angela, what a fun post. Love your master boards. But my fav are the 3 sweet gals. Colors and cute verse really made me smile ! Thanks for sharing.

pam said...

Wow love the finished card Angela, what beautiful colours on your masterboard, love the stamping and finishing touch`s.
Pam x

Redanne said...

You really do make the most wonderful masterboards Angela. I love this gorgeous card too, I just bought the stamp set for the adorable little Santa image. Hugs, Anne xx

SewPaperPaint said...

You are the masterboard queen my friend! I totally love this fabulous card. Hugs, Autumn

Joan said...

I love your master board, made me want to get making another one! The image is such fun too

Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas this month

Joan

Shoshi said...

This is such a pretty masterboard, Angela! I simply must get some of that waxed paper and try this technique. I love the overlapping stars. Fun card you made with it, and funny verse inside! Lol! Thank you for your visit - so glad you like my boxes and the kitty pics - I keep finding them in sweet positions, cuddled up keeping each other warm!

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #15

Jane Willis said...


Love the masterboard idea, I've not dome one for ages, and it makes a perfect background for your fun image. Great verse inside too. Thanks for sharing at Sparkles Christmas

Craftyfield said...

Gorgeous masterboard and so big! I love the wax effect, I tried it once I think... I wondered which ink you used to stamp on top of the wax? xx

BożenA said...

Beautiful background, thank you for explaining how you did it. All your card is so unique, I love every detail.
Thank you for joining our challenge at Happy Little Stampers Xmas.
BożenA DT HLS

LOU said...

Beautiful card Angela. Love your masterboard idea!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Merry Christmas Blog.
Lou DT xo
https://jemlouproductions.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10