Monday 17 August 2020

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge - 261 Lots of Layers.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Hi! back again to tell you that it's time for another challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers.



Jo is hosting today and our challenge is "Lots of Layers". 
As usual you can enter anything you fancy, it doesn't have to be cards as long as it meets the challenge.
Hope you will join in.
And here is my project for the challenge:



Hope you stop by while I show you how I made it.
There are many ways to create layering and this was done both by stamping and stenciling and layering the card.



To develop this card I started by layering up images using AALL and Create stamps and stencils and also a stencil by Studio Light which is part of their Grunge collection.


The paper is A3 Daler and Rowney Mixed Media.


It's ages since I made a Monochrome Masterboard and I'm really liking the way the detail stands out as it's not distracted by the colour.


I really like the perforated edge so I've kept them as it adds extra detail to the finished design. 
Here you can see that I've cut away a section of the Masterboard and layered it onto black card.


At this stage I started building up the design. 
The coloured card is left-over from an earlier project. I coloured it by layering designs on the Gelli plate.

It's worth playing around with an arrangement before sticking everything down and I often photograph any that I particularly like so that I can go back to them later.




Here it is all finished.
The central triangle with the sentiment was attached using 3D dots to give depth and I've added some enamel dots too.
(Dies are by Honey Bee)
I think there might be more of these to follow.

Hope you will pop over to see what the rest of the DT have been up to and maybe join in the challenge.

 I look forward to seeing what you come up with too.


Happy Crafting.

Angela xXx

10 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Great idea for using up any left over scraps of design papers that we all have lurking.i like this colour combination . Hugs Mrs A.

Mac Mable said...

Great layering and the colours look fabulous against the monochromatic and wonderful background x. I like the perforations too Angela x.

Glenda Atkins said...

You make the most creative backgrounds and this one is no exception. Loving the design and colours. Hope your Crafty Cardmaker holiday was wonderful and safe!
hugs
Glenda

Margaret Mifsud said...

Stunning card Angela! Love the monochrome background. As you say, the other details stand out so beautifully against it. Love the triangle die cuts and, have to say, your masterboards are always amazing. Hope you are keeping well. hugs xx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh Angela, love the colors and the positioning of the triangles is super fun.
You rock girl.

Mariann Jakobsen said...

Love your creative background 😍 and the way to use up some left over papers ❤️
Brilliant!!
Hugs from your new follower from N-Norway

Craftyfield said...

Gorgeous card Angela! And not a bought paper in sight, all created with stamps, stencils and your fair hand... which is my favourite type of makes! Have a great week (well what's left of it!).

Sue said...

This is superb Angela, I love the colours against the monochrome background. You always make the most creative cards and this one is no exception. Take care and have a great weekend, Sue xx

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Your monochrome masterboard is stunning, and a perfect background foil for those beautifully coloured triangles on top. Gorgeous make, Angela!

Crafty Claire said...

Perfect with the monochrome background as a contrast. It harmonises the composition nicely xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10