Friday 21 August 2020

Friday Fun Day.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.

The male swan (Cob) has decided that all the geese must get out of the lake and he's been working hard to make sure they understand as you can see.


Seemed peaceful again until......


 Mr Cob was no longer satisfied with the geese being on the edge of the lake and decided he doesn't like them anywhere near it either. 
Sorry it's not a very good photograph but didn't want to get too close as he was in an awful mood.


These two kept out of the way. 
Not sure what they are but if you look closely you will see that they have pretty tufts on their heads so not your ordinary mallard.



The lawn was looking a bit dry but we have had some rain at last.
Maisie and Stan are having a sniff round.



Among some of my father's belongings we found this photograph.
The baby is my God daughter and the photograph was taken at her Christening. She was 40 this month. I can hardly believe it and yes the other person in the photograph is me.

Before I forget, Lisca asked how many fish I have now. We have ten Koi of different sizes and shubunkins (fancy goldfish) but not sure how many of those exactly.
The new Koi are to replace some older fish that we've lost over the last couple of years. I did have five very large Golden Orfe which normally live for twenty years (if you're lucky) and they were the first fish we put into the pond sometime early 1990s and the last one died last year. It was big. They look like this:



So gradually I've replaced them with Koi. 
I'ts best to do this slowly to give the filters chance to adapt to the changes so that's the story so far.

Other than that been to see my mum who is doing really well now and walking with the girls, obviously at a distance but it's nice to get out of the house and somewhere different anyway.

Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.


Angela x

11 comments:

Natalia said...

I love these captures!

Karen said...

That is a huge fish ~ Loved the swan chasing the geese, I need him in my yard to get them moving on and off :) Enjoy the weekend

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Nice assortment of photos. I like the old photo of you. And I chuckled about the water fowl wars going on.

Win Dinn, Artist said...

I can't help but laugh at that rabid swan sending those mallards out of and faaaar away from the lake. Animals can be just as territorial as humans, apparently. :D Glad to hear your mom is doing well; that's great news!

Annie said...

Cobs are very assertive and, like you, I wouldn't want to get too close either. I'm really thrilled that your mum is doing so well now...it's peace of mind for you. That's a huge fish....I bet they all take a lot of feeding.
Hugs,
Annie x

Lisca said...

I'm so pleased your mum is doing well. That must be such a relief.
I smiled at that angry swan. Yes, I would have kept out of the way too.
Thanks for explaining about the fish. Wow, that 'gold' fish is huge!
I love that old photo of you. Nearly forty years ago. Wow.
Wishing you a happy Friday, and a great weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Helen said...

that swan was in a right bad mood wasn't he! great pic of you a fair few years ago!! have a lovely weekend.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm with the swan. Those geese are in my neighborhood and they are nasty. Slime if you step in it, too.

Stan and Maisie look like they have recovered from their trip to the vet.

What an awesome photo of you and your goddaughter. While we're talking family, I'm glad your mother is doing better. That must make you feel better, too.

That is ONE BIG FISH. Hope you have a great rest of Friday and a wonderful weekend, too.

mamapez5 said...

Male swans can be very agressive can't they. poor geese. I wonder what they did to upset him.
I love the smell of dry grass after the rain. I am sure it will soon green up again now.
I love the fish. We only had two big koi in our pond and several small goldfish that reproduced every year, though most of the babies were soon eaten. Sometimes we put a nursery net in so that one or two could grow big enough to survive.
It is good that mum is getting out a little. I am sure we all benefit from some fresh air and a change of scenery sometimes.
Kate x

Mac Mable said...

So glad your Mum is doing well Angela x. Wow to the size of the fish and thank you for sharing about the swan and the geese x.

Crafty Claire said...

I do enjoy your 'smiles' even when I am a bit delayed reading them. Glad to hear that your mum is doing well. Love to you all xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10