Monday 28 September 2020

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 264 - Shabby Chic.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Hi! back again to tell you that it's time for another challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers.


I'm hosting today and our challenge is Shabby Chic. 

As usual you can enter anything you fancy, it doesn't have to be cards as long as it meets the challenge.

Hope you will join in.
And here is my project for the challenge:


I so love these papers and dies by Crafter's Companion though printed papers are not something I use very often.



Just perfect for this challenge and to be honest I'm trying to use up some forgotten stash too.


I gradually built this together layering the sections and used a Tim Holtz distressing tool to grunge the edge and some dark grey paints splashed onto the surface to grunge it up even more.


I used plain card for the border die cuts, choosing a colour which matched with some of those on the printed paper and black for the die cut flowers (Tim Holtz dies).

The text image is cut from the printed paper and a little shading was added at the back before attaching it with glue.
Finally I added the dragonfly, Stickles Glitter glue and a number of enamel dots. 
To finish the card I mounted it onto a cream card blank.
 I hope you will pop over to see what the rest of the DT have been up to and maybe join in the challenge.

 I look forward to seeing what you come up with too.

Happy crafting.
Angela xXx

4 comments:

Margaret Mifsud said...

This is a gorgeous card Angela. The papers are beautiful and I love the dragonfly and die cut flowers. Have a fabulous day! hugs x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

They are indeed very lovely papers Angela, love the die, like an old fashioned swag that dresses your card extremely well. A very pretty creation and a super host to boost. Hugs Tracey xx

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful card Angela, love the colour combo and design. Have a creative safe week. Judy

Crafty Claire said...

A really pretty card. I think I have that die set I really must dig it out xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10