Monday 14 September 2020

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge -263 Use a Recycled Element.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Hi! back again to tell you that it's time for another challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers.



 Judy is hosting today and our challenge is "Use a Recycled Element". 

As usual you can enter anything you fancy, it doesn't have to be cards as long as it meets the challenge.
Hope you will join in.
And here is my project for the challenge:
Made with everything I love, more left-over Masterboard and:



as I am a bit of a hoarder when it comes to cardboard I thought this would be a good chance to use some of it. 
This is just a piece off a packaging.


The first thing I wanted to do here was to use some new dies and I've cut out several pieces in varying sizes.


The earlier project which this Masterboard was made for can be found here.


I've cut out all the pieces here using a Tonic die and edged the pieces with the Distress Inks.


To add more interested to the recycled card I've ripped away some of the layering to reveal the corrugation and then rubbed and edged it with the distress ink.



I love these dies by Tonic.

I've layered the other heart pieces together and if you look closely you can see that I've removed some of the paper from the package piece here too and then added the distress ink.
I designed this as an anniversary card.


 I hope you will pop over to see what the rest of the DT have been up to and maybe join in the challenge.

 I look forward to seeing what you come up with too.

Happy crafting.
Angela xXx

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Allsorts challenge blog: week 589 - I Love
Cute Card thursday: Challenge 651- No patterned paper.

14 comments:

Mrs A. said...

I don’t think Amazon ever envisaged their packaging looking so elegant. Love your finished piece. Hugs Mrs
A.

Kyla said...

Bit late for my WOYWW returns but yes, I love this card and a great idea as I am also a cardboard hoarder (usually add it to the compost on the allotment).

Thanks for visiting my desk already
kyla

pam said...

Fabulous card using recycled elements Angela.
Pam x

Margaret Mifsud said...

Hi Angela!! What a stunning card. Amazing what can be done with recycled elements. Love the colours and love the look of the exposed corrugated board .. adds so much interest .. and your masterboards are always masterful!! Stay safe and well. hugs x

brenda said...

A super design and great use of your dies, lovely to see you at our 11th Birthday celebrations at Allsorts, thanks so much for joining in.

B x

Deb said...

So love this! I am very impressed by your recycling! I can always lay my hands on some Amazon boxes!
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
Debxx

Linby said...

This is so beautiful, I love the colour combo. I recently had to recycle a lot of packaging because I save it more than I use it lol!
Thanks for joining in with my I Love theme for Allsorts belated birthday.

Mac Mable said...

What a beautiful card Angela. The colours look fabulous, along with the layering and the fabulous design x. Great re-cycling too x.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

This is most beautiful Angela, love the colour and design, you can't beat a amazon packaging for recycling it can master any media. Stunning Hugs Tracey xx

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Mummylade said...

What a great creation! Thank you so much for celebrating with us at Allsorts this week.

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a stunning piece, Angela, and I love that you've managed to use so many recycled bits. You are the master! xo

Craftyfield said...

Gorgeous design, Angela!
I use quite a lot of recycled cardboard, directly or as a backing to make something more sturdy (thanks Amazon!) Have a great weekend x

Crafty Claire said...

Great project to remind us to recycle packaging and that it can still look delicate and pretty xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10