Monday 23 November 2020

Mixed Media Monday.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Sadly Crafty Card Makers challenge blog has finished so my fortnightly card is no more but this means I have some extra time so thought it would be a good idea to get back to some serious Mixed Media projects.


I've recently joined the Creative Craft Academy. Hoping this will get me back in the mood and this is the first piece I've done with them. 
Hope you like it.

We used a small wooden memory box and a Finnabair stencil to decorate the top, added small brads on the corners then the Snip Arts pieces, moulded shapes and the brass dragonfly.


Lots of nice coloured pastes used through the stencil and also dry brushed onto the top and sides.
I added some tiny seed pearls and a golden gem on the dragonfly for extra detail to the focal image.


I liked the packaging so much that I used it to line the box.

Really pleased with this and can't wait for the next box of goodies to arrive.

Hope you like it and I would love to hear your comments.

Many thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,

Angela x

I would like to enter this project in the following challenges:
SanDee and Amelie's Steampunk challenge - Steampunk Winter Special.
Bleeding Art Challenge - November Challenge.

10 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Wow what a stunning mixed media creation Angela. Great texture and colours and I love the moulded shapes and the dragonfly x. A piece of wonderful textural art x.

Craftyfield said...

There is so much more Mixed Media scope with a bigger project, especially 3D! I love the colours and the richness of the piece, it has a medieval vibe I think... Have a great week Angela!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Gorgeous art piece. I'm sorry to hear that challenge is no more. Even challenges that still exist have seen participation drop off over the years. :-(

Mrs A. said...

I love your finished box . I thought it was just a canvas to start with. Gorgeous colours. Hugs Mrs A.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

This is an incredible piece of mixed media Angela, isn't it amazing how we can transform things so simple with bits and pieces. Constructed beautifully, I really love your choice of colour. So sad when challenges close down but 2020 has been hard for many have fun on your new adventure. Look forward to seeing lots more. Hugs Tracey xx

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Wow. Just WOW! Well done, Angela! xo

Sue said...

Angela this is absolutely stunning, those jewel colours are gorgeous! Take care and have a very crafty week, Sue xx

Maura said...

Wow, Angela, this is gorgeous! Love all the wonderful wing texture and beautiful colors. So glad you joined us for our steampunk challenge at Sandee and Amelie’s Steampunk Challenges! hugs, Maura

Crafty Claire said...

Hello I thought I had commented on this but maybe not...or it disappeared into the ether. It's a really lovely project with an impossible mix of delicate colours and grunginess. Lots of lovely detail xxx

klistersøster said...

Thank you for sharing with us at SanDee&amelie’s Steampunk Challenges. Wonderful decoration for the front of the box and with so many lovely layers. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Hugs, Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10