Friday 20 November 2020

Friday Fun Day with Smiles.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.

It's been a bit of a scary week here as we have had lots of visits from the Heron, I have no photographs as I was more concerned in scaring him away but we have added more canes to the pond in the hope that he cannot get close enough to the fish to do any damage to them but I can tell you he was a whopper! and I've ordered a Heron Guard, I'll let you know what happens when it arrives.


I did receive a nice photo from my friend who has gone back to France (they managed to travel back just before the Lockdown).
This is Tigne in the French Alps and the day she took this photograph most of the ground was green and the day after everything was white as they have had their first real snow fall so winter is on it's way.


This is my sweet Emily at school in her bubble class but not quite sure what they were looking for but it must be interesting.


Graculus the Cormorant is back again, think he must be resting after a hard morning diving. He's okay as he stays in the park and doesn't visit my garden.


Here's Maisie enjoying the nice weather.


I've been spending some time in the cabin this week working on a Mixed Media project from The Creative Craft Academy. 


 Here's a little peak....


And these beauties too.



And of course I can't leave you without some funnies.

Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

10 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

I’m late to Wednesday so have enjoyed Friday too! I don’t think I realised that you were using The Cabin as well as an ‘indoor’ desk, I don’t know how I missed that. Doesn’t the sun look wonderful slanting across your desk like that. You won’t need a clock in there, the altering sun will soon tell you when it’s time for tea! Love that Finnabair stencil, they look so different in good mixed media hands like yours!

Annie said...

Graculus looks stunning sat up there...I imagine he gets plenty to eat without visiting your garden [well I hope he does]. The sun on your cabin looks wonderful...I hope you're warm and cosy out there. The orchids are looking wonderful at the mo aren't there but I'm not sure mine is enjoying the central heating much as they have dropped a flower or two lately.
Your dog funnies always get me chuckling....so true to life.
Hugs,
Annie x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

How scary about the Heron, Angela. I sure hope your koi are safe until the guard arrives.

I really love your new cabin. You have so many desks and work areas, but all that storage is out of this world. Amazing.

I enjoyed the funnies this week. Those dog funnies are always so cute. Have a great rest of Friday and a wonderful weekend, too, dear.

mamapez5 said...

Oh dear. I know what a nuisance the heron can be. When mum was living with us, my brother visited regularly and he had the bedroom on the front of the house where our pond was. each morning he said he woke early and heard the heron's wings by the pool. I hated having to net it, but in the end we did.
We get a lot of cormorants down on Mojacar Playa. There are a couple of bit rocks just off shore, and they congregate there for a chatter and preening session on sunny mornings.
You must be sad to be missing your skiing. This is the time you usually go away isn't it.
You cabin looks amazing. A lovely place to work. I look forward to seeing the project when it is done. Kate x

Lisca said...

How scary, that big heron. I hope he doesn't get any of your koi.
It's sad that you can't go to France at the mo. I'm sure you will miss it.
How wonderful that you can now use your craft shed. Is it warm enough?
Your dog funnies always make me chuckle. I've always wanted a dog, but sometimes I'm glad I haven't got one. (or even two!)
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Lisca said...

I just read your comment. Yes, I did see the film The King's Speech. (Wonderful film) but I hadn't twigged that that was the Queen Mother in her younger years. Thank you for pointing that out to me.
As for having a dog, hubby won't have one. Besides we are getting to an age where the chances are that the dog will survive us are getting larger. I'm (practically) 70 and hubby a few years older than me.

LA Paylor said...

so good! Love the contraception joke!!!
pretty pics

Mac Mable said...

Let's hope the heron stays away form your garden Angela and intrigued about the heron guard x. Emily looks so adorable and thank you for sharing the funnies at the end x.

Win Dinn, Artist said...

As always, it's a treat to visit your blog, Angela. Your pooch funnies are so charming, and your Friday post is like a travelogue to your locale. Many thanks for your constant inspiration!

Crafty Claire said...

Hello thank you for the smiles. I'm a bit behind but that only means I get double smiles today to start off the week. Thank you very much for the lovely comments you leave on my blog. They are very much appreciated. I look forward to seeing what your Creative Craft Academy projects look like. For the last year I have mainly painted and just made the cards that I need to give. Maybe your projects will tempt me back to mixed media! Have a lovely week xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10