Friday 6 November 2020

Friday Fun Day with Smiles.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.


This was my first visit to the craft club since January and sadly probably my last this year as we wont be able to do it again for a while.

You can see from the photograph how organised we've been with the tables at the required distance. Everything cleaned down before and after and we were only allowed to remove masks when sitting.
It was lovely to see some of the ladies again though obviously a lot less than normally.


I decided this would be a good time to start some Christmas card ideas so took my new Tim Holtz stamps.


 And now to the garden.
The Maple (Acer) Bonsai started to turn red a couple of weeks ago, so pretty.


And now it looks like this.
I actually think that it's when it looses it's leaves that you can really see it's true tree shape and the branches are ready for a prune before the winter starts.


As you can see this was a lovely sunny day though it's not been like that much this week. 


I've also been having fun with some rusty nails and wrapped them up in some cotton calico and hung them outside.
You will have to wait to see the results.


Lots of screws and nails plus a few other bits.


Nice piece of washed Calico and rubber gloves.


Wrap it all up, wet it thoroughly and tie with cord then hang it up outside and wait for the magic to happen.

And of course I can't go without offering you a few dog themed smiles.



And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can share your  smiles too.

Take care and hope you have a lovely weekend.
Leave me a little comment then I can pop over and see you.

Thanks for stopping by.

 Angela x


8 comments:

Annie said...

So lovely to see you at your craft club...we have to make the very best of times like that don't we? I love your bonsai tree but really wouldn't know where to start with pruning it. I will look forward to seeing the results with the rusty screws....I just know you will do something amazing with the results.
Stay safe and keep smiling Angela.
Hugs,
Annie x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It was good that you finally had a craft club. I know how much you missed it, but it looks like you were careful, at least. Those new TH stamps are really clever, too.

Wow, that bonsai is amazing without the leaves. I a sure you know how to prune it, but it would be a mystery to me, since the only bonsai I've ever seen has been an evergreen.

Rusty nails and cotton? Fabric at its best. I look forward to the reveal, since I LOVE rust and rusted fabric. Have a super rest of Friday and a great weekend, dear Angela.

Mac Mable said...

Intriguing about the nails wrapped in the calico....x. What a fabulous bonsai acer x. So glad you where able to meet up with friends to craft Angela and thank you for the funnies at the end x.

Lisca said...

Great that you have been able to go to the craft club. It looks well organized. Those TH stamps are such fun aren't they.
The acer bonsai looks magnificent. Now up to you to use your pruning skills....
Watch this space as far as the rusty nails are concerned. I hope they are iron and not stainless steel or galvanized or something. It will be interesting to see the result. (Elizabeth is going to love this). How long are you going to leave them?
I laughed at the dog funnies. All three are so recognizable.
Have a lovely weekend,
Stay safe,
Hugs,
Lisca

LA Paylor said...

oooo rust dye... that's gonna be pretty. THose dog cartoons are true and funny at the same time. My standard poodle is a lap dog. Tim Holz stamps... and a play date, even at distance you can see each other and talk. I don't know where you live, but I wouldn't trust the safety of even that around here (colorado)
LeeAnna

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

It's such a shame about the craft clubs and many more creative get togethers that have been affected this year, I often think how I would have been able to continue to facilitate the groups I used to run & facilitate with the BCC community Centre I worked in, I fear for everyone's well being that these groups were once a lifeline. Nice to see you have been putting those cats to work again and I look forward to seeing your nails unveiled mmmm.
Sunday Hugs Tracey xx

Crafty Claire said...

Looking forward to seeing how the calico turns out. I'm very envious of your garden but not so much of the amount of work you must put in to keep it looking so good. Hope you have a lovely week xx

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Now I'm all pumped to see what gift will come out of the package - those rusty nails and bits are going to make some fabulous prints, methinks. As always, I love your doggy funnies - my daughter was just practicing her own technique with a new baby on the lap, and hands and feet occupied with dogs. Great fun to watch. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10