Monday 5 April 2021

Masterboard Monday

  Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

I am here today to show you a card made with this Masterboard:


Unlike most of my Masterboards this is only A4 in size.


You may remember this from last week.


To make this Masterboard I started by stamping the card with Versa Mark Ink and embossed it with clear powder.


You can see the effect here.
This technique is often known as Ghosting because of the pale backgrounds it produces.


And now it's time to start adding the colour using a blending tool and more Oxide ink.


When you've done that, stamp again and heat emboss as before.


I did this three times, embossing and colouring.


Then it's time to remove the embossing powder. 
Cover with kitchen towel and iron over the design slowly, removing the kitchen towel as it fills up with the embossing powder. 
You will be able to see this on the towel.


I have also splattered water onto the surface and pulled off  some ink to create a splatter effect.


Cut the pieces and mount one of these onto white card.


Mount this onto a piece of the black card and then attach to the card blank.

The stamps I used here are 'butterfly INKognito' and the sentiment is from the set 'flower inkognito'.

If you like this I have made another example which you can find here.


I would love to hear your comments.
If you would like to see other cards made with these Masterboards you can find them here and here.

Many thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,

Angela x

7 comments:

Sue said...

Angela this is a stunner! I didn't see the ghost butterfly until the final reveal but it was so worth waiting for. The black and the white make such a striking contrast. Take care and have a very happy week, Sue xx

Mrs A. said...

Don’t know why but I wasn’t expecting to see a butterfly at the end. A lovely surprise. Hugs Mrs A.

Chana Malkah said...

Nice! One of my favorite techniques on my embossed projects! Thanks for sharing!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah

Mac Mable said...

Thanks for reminding me about this technique Angela and love the finished fabulous card x.

Spyder said...

I've been clicking on all your little links and am now not sure if they were all yours or I've got them muddle Up! ...someone else was ironing some thing too, and embossing, so I'll start with the booklet in New York, utterly fabULous darling! and all the painting and embossing, haven't tried any of that, ever! As I think I said in another comment, its nice to know the iron has better things to do other than hold the door open!
Stay safe! Keep crafting! Happy WOYWW?! ((Lyn)) #13

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a fabulous card with your Masterboard, Angela - it is just pure delight. Drooling over here in Canadalands... ;-)

Crafty Claire said...

Great effect with the 'ghostly' butterfly to compliment the main image xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10