Monday 10 May 2021

Masterboard Monday - Use it or Lose it.

  Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

I am here today to show you a card made with some left-over Masterboard and the new stamp set by Lisa Horton:


This looked like a good chance to get out those left-over papers again.

I started by stamping the bottles on Vellum and heat embossing them. 
I've cut a small slit in the background paper so that the bottle could be placed into the water giving the effect of the waves splashing around it.


The background to this card was a piece that I had coloured with some Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Spray but it ended up in the scrap box and this looked like a good time to get it out.
I used the stencil that comes with the set to create the waves applying ink first and then Mixed media Galaxy Souffle by Craft Box.
The little fish were cut using a die set by Marianne Craftables on another sprayed paper this time it was Cosmic Shimmer Mica spray. 
I just find it difficult to throw these papers away but need to have a clear out so it's 'use it or loose it'!
Both the stars and the sentiment are in the set too.


Of course I had another play with this set but this time started by stamping directly onto the card blank. 
I turned the bottles over and coloured the cork with a dark brown alcohol ink pen.
The rolled up letters were tied with black cotton and left loose so they can move around.
I used Tombow glue just around the edge of the bottles and on the back of the cork and glued them down. I like the Tombow glue as it dries clear so works well with the Vellum.
The rope stamp was from a different set but works really well here as a finishing touch.
Finally I added the small shiny gems.


I love the vellum on a design like this as the background shows through. 
I have also added a small amount of Stickles Glitter Glue on the bottles to give the impression of the sparkle as the waves touch the glass.

There are far more stamps in this set than I've used today so I'm sure they will appear again soon.

I would love to hear your comments.
Many thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,

Angela x

5 comments:

Sue said...

These are fabulous Angela, really lovely cards! Take care and have a very happy week, Sue xx

Felicia said...

Angela, those cards are SUPER cute! I really like how you put the rolled-up letters on there as well!! So creative with these stamp sets! That is one big clothespin! LOL Interested to see what project it is going into or used for because it's super cute as well! :) I love grunge paste as well. As of late over here in the states anyway, I have been having a hard time getting paste of any kind! Its remarkable how COVID can stop literally everything from toilet paper to paint! LOL Thanks for stopping in at my desk and don't you worry, after MUCH advice, I will be very sparse with that Marmite! LOL Have a great rest of your week! Felicia 325

Crafting With Jack said...

Great cards. I went back and had another look at this magazine. The only stamps I really want are the bottles and I figured if I was going to spend £10 perhaps I would look elsewhere. I only ever buy magazines if I want the gift as I never find much in them. I took one back to Tesco’s the other day because the fairies would not come “out” of the card. I emailed the magazine editor, but I have had no response. Angela #10

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Love these cards, Angela, and the stamps are not only beautiful, but you've used them to great effect. I do love it how you manage to use so much of your Masterboards, right down to the nitty-gritty last little piece. You're a woman after my own heart!

Crafty Claire said...

Lovley cards. I have the set but just haven't had the time or oomph to get started with them. I shall take inspiration from you xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10