Wednesday 2 February 2022

WOYWW - 661 - What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Hi Workdesk friends. 
We are here for another Wednesday at the Workdesk and here is:
"What's on my Workdesk this Wednesday".


If you don't know what this is all about then please visit the
 Stamping Ground, our host Julia will explain.


So here is my desk for today!


I have finished the concertina book that I was making last week. It's there at the back.
I will be showing this in more detail on Monday if you're interested but today as a few of you asked what the screwed up waxed paper was going to be used for I've shown you here today.

First straighten the waxed paper a little.


Then place a piece of card on one side of the waxed paper and a thin piece of paper on the other side and iron over it. 
Do make sure you put it on a heat proof surface before starting the ironing.


Next apply Oxide inks with a blending tool.
I usually buff the surface once I've done that and
you can see the textural pattern that is left behind when the wax was transferred to the card.

I love this technique and it's a great start to producing a background. 
The wax will be transferred to the paper too and you could use that though I often find it tends to discolour.

So that's me done for today, hope you found that useful.
 Thanks for stopping by and hope you will pop over and join in the visits around the other desks.

 I'm off now to see what everyone else is up to.
Have a great woyww 
and 
happy crafting,

Angela x

20 comments:

Lynn Holland said...

What a great technique with a fabulous result.
Isn’t it interesting trying out different techniques and processes.
Never to old to learn are we Angela
Lynn x 14

Annie said...

Love this technique. You're soo good at sharing what you do too.
Hugs,
Annie x #10

glitterandglue said...

Morning Angela. Yes, wax resist is great fun - you are never sure what is going to happen - which makes the anticipation great.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #7

Mary Anne said...

Oh that takes me back! Once upon a time my MIL asked to borrow my iron. Had to tell her she could, but I only used it to do faux batik (like this) or iron wet and crumpled cardstock. Better than the previous time when I had to tell her I didn't actually OWN an iron... I love how misty and subtle yours is - makes me want to dust that iron off and have a go.O love WOYWW.

Back on track :D
Mary Anne (8)

Neet said...

I am eating lots of cereal so I can get some of that bag that they use and then I can give this technique a go. Will keep you informed of the results I get. I might even do a Masterboard!
Hugs, Neet 2 xx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Thanks for the visit and Thanks for the Wax paper idea, long ago I did this and forgot all about that process. Peeped about and love those plants in previous posts. We will miss the big storms coming east of us, but still have deep snow. SPRING is on my mind. Enjoy a happy WOYWW kind of day

Helen said...

What a great technique. Hope you have a great week Helen #5

Lunch Lady Jan said...

You always have an interesting technique to share and this week is no different. I see from others comments that it has gone on for a while but I’ve never heard of it! I do like the effect it leaves on the paper, makes for a great masterboard background!
Hugs LLJ 3 xxx

Diana Taylor said...

Ooh this is the exact same technique I used to do - it's lovely isn't it, and until you mentioned wax paper last week I had forgotten all about it. I now have the desire to hunt out the wax paper and have a go. You've chosen a such a pretty colour for this, I shall look forward to seeing what you do with it.
Have a fun week,
Diana xx #16

Crafting With Jack said...

Love the texture and colour of your background. I wonder why the wax discolours on the paper? Have a great week Angela #9

Sarah Brennan said...

I so like that wax paper technique Angela. I will try and make it back over on Monday to check out the concertina book. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Anne (cornucopia) said...

That came out great. (And I always love seeing your desk, with all of the compartments for storing stuff.)

Lynnecrafts said...

Hi Angela,
You've shown us an interesting technique there!
Take care and have a good week
hugs
Lynnecrafts 6

Annie said...

I’m chuckling about your comment about the trousers. It’s a factory with about 80 employees so I guess in a month it’s not so many...the only thing is I’m putting in jean zips that will last a lot longer. I guess I’m doing myself out of work in the long run...but it’s truthfully a job I really don’t much like doing...it’s just regular work coming in that I can do so I’m not complaining.
Hugs,
Annie x

Sharon Madson said...

Great tip for a beautiful background. I remember you! I have been gone for several years, but will try to start posting for WOYWW, again. Happy WOYWW!

Lynnecrafts said...

Glad you enjoyed the chocolates!
Lx

Mac Mable said...

Thanks for showing us about the crumpled up wax paper Angela and another technique for my 'to do' list x. Looking forward to seeing your concertina book on Monday x.

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Always so interesting, Angela - that's a new waxed paper technique for me, and it looks like fun to try!!!

BJ said...

I seem to have given up ironing since I have my hand operation - LOL. Great technique, looking forward to seeing the concertina book. Thanks for the visit BJ#13

Kyla said...

ooh lovely desk and loving your latest update that you were able to get back to craft club, fantastic news.
kyla

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10