Wednesday 14 September 2022

WOYWW - 693 - What's On Your Workdesk Wednesdasy.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.


Hi Workdesk friends. 
We are here for another Wednesday at the Workdesk and here is:
"What's on my Workdesk this Wednesday".


If you don't know what this is all about then please visit the
 Stamping Ground, our host Julia will explain.


So here is my desk for today!

It's been a sad week all round with the death of our beautiful Queen though also celebrating her life and pleased that she was able to continue to do what she loved almost right up to the end. Charles has a big job ahead of him, what an example to follow.


When I've not been watching the queen's trip from Balmoral I have been in the cabin and I am sure you would like to see what I've been up to.

I decided it was time I got the violin out of it's bag!

The papers came as part of the kit too.

There are a lot of parts to this kit but Hobbilicious are very good and make videos to help you put the bits together.

These two pieces are left over as they hold all the joining pieces but I'm sure they will not end up in the bin.

These are all the bits that fit at the end of the Neck (Scroll).

This is part of the embellishment set but there are lots more that you will see later.

So I've started by joining the side pieces for the base and top which will secure the two pieces together.        

It's important with MDF to make sure the holes which are needed to hold the pegs are in the correct place so I've checked regularly as the glue dried that these pieces will still fit. I know this well from experience!

While waiting for the body to set I've put all the pieces together for thre scroll.


I'm going to leave you at that but will show you the next steps soon.

So that's me done for today.

 Thanks for stopping by and hope you will pop over and join in the visits around the other desks.

 I'm off now to see what everyone else is up to.
Have a great woyww 
and 
happy crafting,

Angela x

14 comments:

Tracy said...

Good morning Angela 😊 such a beautiful photo of the Queen and her love ❤️ such a sad time it is!
Too your desk ... you my lovely have inspired me this morning with what's on your desk ... absolutely loooove it ⭐ can't wait to see it come together🥰 gorgeous papers too. My head is now all a buzz ... thank yooou so much! Wishing you the best of days ahead with much love and hugs Tracy #13 xxx

Diana Taylor said...

What a fabulous project you have started there Angela, it's going to be amazing and I can't wait to see the next stages. Love the photo of the Queen and Prince Phillip and have to agree that she will be a hard act to follow.
Have a good week,
Diana xx #15

Lunch Lady Jan said...

How interesting to see the process of the making of the violin, it’s going to be really lovely. What are you going to do with it once it’s finished?
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

Crafting With Jack said...

Hello Angela, I am really looking forward to following the progress pictures . We are just watching the Procession with the Queen, so sad x

Sarah Brennan said...

Can't wait to see the progress of the violin Angela - I haven't played mine for ages and it certainly doesn't look as lovely as your MDF one will. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW, Sarah #2

Annie said...

I'm very late in the day with my visits but it has been one of those crazy days with sewing and a constant flow of yet more customers bringing me more to do...it certainly makes my days pass quickly.
What a fab new kit Angela...I will enjoy watching this one develop.
Hugs,
Annie x #10

Helen said...

The violin is going to be fabulous! You make such amazing projects. I buy kits of some things that i see demo'd and think oh yes, that will be lovely... and then don't see them through! Must put that right.
I have done little but watch the coverage of the Queen since Thursday and it will be so sad to see the funeral on Monday. I think Charles has started in the right way, but as you say he has a big job to follow. Happy WOYWW Helen #3

StampinCarol said...

Your violin looks so complicated but I know you have oodles of experience to do it. I love your previous projects.
Great photo of the Queen and her love. She was such an elegant and gracious lady and will be missed world wide.
Thanks for popping by and have a great week!
Carol N #16

BJ said...

Wow lovely seeing the violin come together, it's going to be amazing. BJ#1

Twiglet said...

Your violin project looks pretty tricky to me - clever you - I bet it will be lovely! xx Jo

Lindart said...

Wow, I can tell right now that violin will be fabulous! I can't wait to see next week! Thanks for your visit, and have a great week, Lindart #17

Lynnecrafts said...

How interesting to see how you build your violin. Will it be played once finished?
Take care, hugs
Lynnecrafts

Susan Renshaw said...

That violin project is amazing - it is going to be fabulous!

Happy WOYWW!

I am determined to call and comment on all of you this week, even if late!
Susan #5
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Crafty Claire said...

Wow that looks mighty complicated. I'm sure it will be very impressive when you've finished. It looks like being methodical and organised is the key xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10