Wednesday 28 September 2022

WOYWW - 695 - What's On your Workdesk Wednesday.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Hi Workdesk friends. 
We are here for another Wednesday at the Workdesk and here is:
"What's on my Workdesk this Wednesday".


If you don't know what this is all about then please visit the
 
Stamping Ground, our host Julia will explain.


So here is my desk for today!


Still in the cabin.


Applying papers to the back and front.
Paste the surface first with Gel medium.
 
 
Place the paper over the top and smooth it down until stuck.

 
Take a file.

 
Push downwards along the edge and the paper will gradually fall away.


 This is my prefered method as it's much easier than trying to cut it to shape and it leaves a lovely neat edge.



Just having a look at how these will go on.


 
Lots of lovely MDF shapes and resin pieces to play with.


Just getting some ideas. 
I photograph them if I find a layout I like as I will forget it once I take them off.


And it's Black Gesso next.

More to follow soon and earlier instructions can be found here:

So that's me done for today.

 Thanks for stopping by and hope you will pop over and join in the visits around the other desks.

 I'm off now to see what everyone else is up to.
Have a great woyww 
and 
happy crafting,

Angela xXx

14 comments:

Neet said...

Oh WOW, this is going to e wonderful, I like it already. I too put my paper on and file it off like that and I take photos of lots of things for placement. Learned to do that the hard way lol. I was wondering what size it lis, judging by the paper I would say it is around 10 "? Whatever, it is lovely.
See you Saturday all being well.
Hugs, Neet 4 xx

glitterandglue said...

Morning Angela. Well done - and thanks for the instructions on how to sort the edges of the paper out! I would never have thought of anything like that! Brilliant. It's all coming together so well.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #6

Diana Taylor said...

Wow, this is looking fabulous already, and thanks for the tip about the edges, that's a very good idea. I can understand why you haven't been dipping into the Collage Workbook - I only do it to kickstart my mojo but you certainly don't need that will all this beauty going on on your desk!
Have a great week and enjoy the crop,
Diana xx #11

My name is Cindy said...

This is coming along so well! Love the phoograph idea, I know what you mean about remembering stuff once when you've moved it. Hoping to see you on Saturday? So looking forward to it. Love n hugs, Cindy xx #14

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

What a marvellous project - I just know it will look amazing when finished! So big as well - will be a wonderful fixture in your art space! Enjoy your week, Angela! xx zsuzsa #16

Annie said...

Thanks for visiting me earlier and for your lovely comments. I've managed a busy sewing day today and thankfully my mouth isn't quite so swollen although it's still rather sore. I'm on top of my sewing demands now so just got to start cooking/baking ready for the crop around my dentist appointment in the morning. I will get there :-)
Loving the guitar Angela.
Looking forward to seeing you at the crop.
Hugs,
Annie x #7

Twiglet said...

What a project! See you on Saturday! xx Jo

StampinCarol said...

Your violin is really looking cool! Love the black to come!
Have a wonderful week!
Carol N #18

Sarah Brennan said...

Loving the progress of your violin Angela. That's how I add rice papers to MDF too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Julia Dunnit said...

Wow! but before I forget..the crop is 10 till 4 and if you have made ATCs, you’re wonderful! The violin is already looking incredible and I’m loving the tip on the paper edge rather than cutting, so clever. You are very patient. The pieces already look so different in black that I’m really impressed that you can place them before gessoing and ‘see’ them some other colour/finish.

Helen said...

wow, it's coming on so well! i'd file the edges too, much easier and neater that cutting. all those painted pieces look great. I look forward to seeing more progress. Helen #1

Crafting With Jack said...

You violin is looking beautiful. What a clever idea for attaching the paper. Looking forward to seeing you Saturday. Happy WOYWW. Angela #9

Christine said...

Thanks for your visit earlier
This looks a great project
Will be so good to meet up after such a long time
X

craftyani said...

Hello Anon!! Your comments always come up Anon.Wow that violin is great looking forward to seeing the end result. Ani

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10