Friday 2 September 2022

Friday Fun Day with Smiles.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.

The Steampunk Festival was back in Lincoln this Bank Holiday so had to go into town and take some pics obviously!


The town was so busy and this was Sunday. This is the main street in town.
 
Turn round and walk a little further.

 
These ladies were so funny making their way up Steep Hill (yes that is it's actual name).

If you've never been to Lincoln you will not know just how steep this hill is as it goes up to the cathedral and castle. 

There is a rail on one side to help you along the way and it's just as difficult coming down as it is walking up. You really need to walk steadily coming down.



This lady stored all the refreshments they needed to keep them going during their journey but had apparently forgotten the map! which they needed for the expedition!

They were attempting the climb up Steep Hill with a rope. I wish I had made a video of them because you had to be there to appreciate how funny they were.



Entertainers to keep everyone happy.
 

On this photograph you are looking toward the cathedral and the castle is behind us.
I will show you a few more pics today but the rest will come next week as there are just too many for one post and I don't want to tire you out Lol! so here goes:
 
 
I so love this.


 
There are some interesting imaginary weapons.

 
This was a lovely couple.

 
Great costumes. 
This couple have been attending the festival for 11 years, that's some going.

 
Brilliant again.

 
Everyone are so willing to let you photograph them. I think they quite like it but I always ask politely first as it only seems right.

 
There are lots of stalls too where you can buy all kinds of Victoriana style goodies.

 
And of course there is always somewhere to stop and chat and refresh yourself.
 
You may recognise this part of Lincoln as it's been used in several films. Probably the most famous one that used the cathedral at one point was The Da Vinci Code. This actual spot was filmed in The King (2019) 
but there are several others.


 I think that's enough of that for one day!


But if that's not enough I also went to the Craft Club last weekend and Jo Channon did the class for us. 
We made two Christmas cards but I have to say in case you were wondering, these are the only ones I've made so far.
 


Right that's me done for today....well maybe a Schnauzer funny to finish.
 
 
Naughty dog!
 
And a few famous Schnauzer owners.

 
Alfred Hitchcock

Found these when looking for Schnauzers funnies but they are just as interesting.

 
Cary Grant

Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.


Angela x

6 comments:

Lisca said...

Oh what a great post! I love seeing photos of the festival. The costumes are so elaborate. I wonder if they make a new costume every year or whether they would wear the same one every year.
I groaned at your schnauzer funnies. That must have been awful. And then having it all on the bed! Yuck!
I didn’t know Hitchcock had schnauzers. Cute they are too.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

mamapez5 said...

We went to do the monthly food shop this morning so I have only just got around to linking my post. I loved seeing all your photos from the festival. Some folk do put a lot of effort into their costumes and it is fun to see them all.
Your cards are lovely, especially the second one. I always take part in a challenge called Rudolph Day, which posts on the 25th of each month, and you have to post one or more Christmas cards each time. So sometimes I try to do a run of one, so by November I usually have all I need ready to write. I think I may be lagging behind a bit this year, but I know I have quite a few.
Naughty Schnauzer, but you can't help but love that little face. Kate x

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Sue said...

Wow this looks like a fabulous day out! We went to Lincoln many years ago and really enjoyed it, I can't think why we have never gone back! Your Christmas cards are beautiful, I have to say I've not started mine yet. Take care and have a happy, crafty week, Sue xx

Crafty Claire said...

I have memories of Steep Hill from last summer...I can't say fond memories! We did it twice in a day. Good for the thighs though ;-) I'd love to do the Steampunk festival one day, but it's not great timing at the end of the summer holiday and the start of term...roll on retirement! Have a lovely week xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10