Wednesday 21 September 2022

WOYWW - 694 - What's On your Workdesk Wednesday.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Hi Workdesk friends. 
We are here for another Wednesday at the Workdesk and here is:
"What's on my Workdesk this Wednesday".


If you don't know what this is all about then please visit the
Stamping Ground, our host Julia will explain.

It's been a sad time here in the Uk with the death of our much loved queen but I have managed a bit of time for some crafting. It's a good way to escape for a while.

So here is my desk for today! It's a bit photo heavy but promised to show you the process of the MDF violin so you only have yourselves to blame Lol!

More from the Cabin desk today.
The Violin contiues to make progress and here's where I'm up to.
 But if you missed last week which was the start you can find it here:
 
 
It's time to start putting everything together.
These side pieces will conect the top and bottom body sections
 
 
and it looks like this.
 
 
If you plan to leave the sides open you would have decortated the inside before adding these side and top pieces but that's not my plan.

 
I'm putting the Scroll and the Fingerboard together while I wait for the main section to dry. This is not a project that can be rushed.
 

The next part is to attach the sides usually known as the Rib. I've used some card from old postage envelopes, 'waste not want not' as they say. 
My tip for adding card to a curved surface like this is to roll it around a rolling pin or something similar before attaching it.
 


You can see here how the Chin rest and the Tailpiece will fit in place but that's for later.


 
From there I've started decorating the sides which I wanted to be textured so I've used some screwed up tissue paper which was actually the wrapping for the kit so more chance to use it rather than lose it. Gel medium is best for attaching this.
 
 
All ready for the next stage.
 
 
These little pieces are the pegs.
 

Which fit into the Scroll and hold the strings.
I think that's enough for today and hope to have got a bit further by next week fingers crossed!

I know that some of you were hoping it might play when finished but I can reasure you it will only be decorative which I'm sure my neighbours will be happy to hear!
So that's me done for today.

 Thanks for stopping by and hope you will pop over and join in the visits around the other desks.

 I'm off now to see what everyone else is up to.
Have a great woyww 
and 
happy crafting,

Angela x

18 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Wow Angela, that’s quite a thing! Gracious you do like a project, I’m excited to see what you’re going to decorate with, it’ll be amazing. MeBart made a real violin some years ago, to see if he could. We had to take it to a music shop to see if it was a good sound though, neither of us play! The guy 8n the shop said it was good. And from that day to this, it’s been ornamental!!

glitterandglue said...

Hi Angela. Oh my word. You have really done so much already... how big is the violin? Full size, half size? tiny? It is going to be amazing when all finished. Well done.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #5

Helen said...

That is going to be fabulous! It's already looking good have a good week Helen #2

Neet said...

Just wrote a big WOW comment and it disappeared. not having a good day despite having a trip out to be able to comment.
Love what you are doing, you do some fantastic stuff and this is certainly up there with the rest of them. Looking forward to seeing its progress.
Hugs, Neet (in the library but not with Professor Plum) xx






Annie said...

Wow. Loving the progress. You need a lot of patience.
Another busy day for me but work is now done and I can pop round to see all my fav blogs.
Hugs,
Annie x #8

Tracy said...

Hellooo Angela 🤗 I am swooooning over here 😍 Love, love, looooove ( incase you missed the point I loooove it 🥰) seeing it come toooo be, an absolute treat to see it progress ... I'm in awe ... fab idea with the tissue paper! Already looking forward to next week 😘😁😊 Wishing you much joy with love and hugs Tracy #15 xxx
P.S
Thank yooou so much for stopping by and here's to Charles getting the support he needs in all that's before him xxxxx

Sarah Brennan said...

Fabulous process Angela - I look forward to seeing the next steps of your violin. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

Crafting With Jack said...

Your violin is looking great. I love seeing the progress. I enjoyed the first part of my seahorse this morning. Happy WOYWW. Angela #18

StampinCarol said...

WOW! That's a LOT of work but I know it will be amazing when you have it done!
I looked back at your posts since last WOYWW and enjoyed them, too!
Thanks for popping by and have a wonderful week!
Carol N #20

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Wow, that’s so interesting to see the progress, thank you for sharing the stages, it’s going to look amazing!

I won’t be around for the next couple of weeks, see you soon!
Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

Anne said...

Wow cant wait to see it finished. Anne x 22

Lindart said...

The violin is really coming along! I wish I could see inside your head to see what the plan is, but I guess I will just have to wait. Have a wonderful week, and thanks for your visit! Lindart #21

My name is Cindy said...

What a lovely project Angela, bet that will be stunning when finished. Yes we do love Benalmadena. so convenient for the airport. Glad to be home now though. Happy WOYWW, love n hugs Cindy #17

BJ said...

Super violin exposé. Was so enthralled with the sequence of events that was surprised that it stopped mid doings. Looking forward to the the end with much anticipation. BJ#10

Twiglet said...

What a project - amazing! xx Jo

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

WOW what a project. You are always so organized and meet the challenges you set for yourself ... Running late with visits, had to get the house back in order, Mr. Neat can only be patient so long !!!! But It was past due cleaning with all that's went on around here. I am demanding some fun events soon @!!!!
Enjoy the weekend, FALL is HERE. Love it.

Caro said...

That violin looks amazing so far and I look forward to seeing the end product. Take care, with love & God bless, Caro xxx (#11)

Win Dinn, Artist said...

That's an amazing project, Angela, and I'm loving the progress posts!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10