Wednesday 13 December 2023

WOYWW -758 - What's On Your workdesk Wednesday.

   Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Hi Workdesk friends. 
We are here for another Wednesday at the Workdesk and here is:
"What's on my Workdesk this Wednesday".


If you don't know what this is all about then please visit the
 
Stamping Ground, our host Julia will explain.



So here is my desk for today!


As I've finished with Christmas cards for now I thought I'd move on to something different.


These birthday cards were made using scanned Masterboards.


You may remember seeing these before as I made the original some time ago (2019 actually and you can find the details here). 
The technique is called Faux Bleaching. It's messy but fun to do and I like the finisherd effect.
You can expect to see more fun with this Masterboards soon.

So that's me done for today.

 Thanks for stopping by and hope you will pop over and join in the visits around the other desks.

 I'm off now to see what everyone else is up to.
Have a great woyww 
and 
happy crafting,


Angela x

14 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

The colours in the first pic are right up my alley, I love those soft blues, greys and browns, they remind me of the seaside where I live, gorgeous!! The brighter palette is also fun but I could live with that first lot on my wall!
Hugs LLJ 6 xx

Helen said...

It's so nice to get back to "normal" projects after the Christmas cards are finished!! I had a play with my reindeer stamp though. Happy WOYWW Helen #4

Julia Dunnit said...

We'll look at you finished with Christmas already. To be fair, I have too, but haven't quite got around to clearing the detritus off my desk. Will do though, scrapbooking calls, the lessened need for cards will cause another greater mess!!

Mary Anne said...

LOL! NOW I have to go hunt for Faux Bleaching, after I read your take on it. What an interesting idea and some lovely cards!
Happy holiday WOYWW!
Mary Anne (2)

Twiglet said...

Gorgeous colours and what a brilliant idea to scan those masterboards. Isn't technology wonderful!! xx Jo

Crafting With Jack said...

I had a look at 2019! From there I had a look at Aquatints and watched most of a tutorial from Crafter’s TV.! I liked the idea of putting the ink on first. I will have to wait until the ferns grow again and if I remember I would like to have a go. I wonder if it would work on fir branches. I can’t remember if you inked the paper on top, that would give you a second paper. So many things to try! Great cards. Happy WOYWW. Angela #3

Annie said...

You’re one step ahead of me. I’ve finished with Christmas and put it all away but as yet haven’t worked out what to do next…but I may have finished my last Memory bear before Christmas….We will see 😀😀😀
Hugs,
Annie x #8

BJ said...

Gosh, not done anything with my masterboard yet....but I do have you to thank for the inspiration for my Christmas cards. I made a few like your snowflakes one and then branched out. I cut loads of snowflakes first and then tried to use up all the Christmas patterned papers I seem to have had for an age. Thanks a million Angela. Hugs BJ#13

Sarah Brennan said...

Those master boards keep on giving Anglea - great idea to scan them and print out further copies when required. You must have quite a library built up! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

Neet said...

What a good idea to scan them and use them for backgrounds. I think you must be the Queen of Masterboards. Well, I will give you that title if you are happy with it.
Good idea to get started on birthday cards now and then you will have a nice stack ready for the new year.
Take care, keep smiling
Hugs, Neet 7 xx

Lynnecrafts said...

Your colours and cards are lovely.
Take care
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 12 xx

Susan Renshaw said...

Faux bleaching sounds interesting... I will have to look it up! Happy WOYWW! Susan #5

Win Dinn, Artist said...

I love it that you actually remember to scan your Masterboards...you are not only brilliant at your card-making but your memory puts me to shame. :D

Lindart said...

Love the masterboards! Actually looking very Spring-like! The BDay cards are lovely! Thanks for your visit, Lindart #16

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10