Monday 7 October 2019

Masterboard Monday.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

I am here today to show you a card made with this Masterboard:



Now you may be wondering how I got here, well this is where I started.
First thing was a bit of gardening, picking ferns.




I'm sure you want to know what happened here:


  • I started by wetting a sheet of Watercolour paper. Just take a large flat brush and spread a thin layer of water on the surface.
  • Next add ink allowing it to move around a little. I used Spectrum Noir Aquatints but other inks will work too.
  • You must keep this wet before adding the leaves so if it looks as though it's drying out just spray a little more water on it.
  • Place the leaves on the ink and then put another piece of paper over this and some weight to keep everything in place and then stop. 
  • This will take several hours to dry and you must not be tempted to remove the covering to check. Leaving it over night is good.



If you've managed that you should get an effect that looks like this.


Gorgeous! 
The leaves seem to bleach out the areas where they were placed.


Now don't waste the leaves yet as next I stamped with them.


Cover with ink, place onto the card and put a sheet of paper over the top and brayer/roller.


Once I had stamped on the Masterboard I also stamped on the card blank using first and second generation ink.


I so love the effect you get.


Rather than use the original masterboard I have scanned this and printed it off to create this card.

The scanned image looks like this:


I have also had fun editing this in Picasa to change the colours but that is for another day. 


So here's how the card was completed.
I've combined a small section of the Masterboard with the card blank but still lots of white showing, some die cut ferns with Stickles glitter glue and you might just notice there's a spider on here too. The sentiment stamp is by Woodware.

I've only used a small section of the Masterboard to create this card so plenty left over for more projects.

I would love to hear your comments.

Many thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,

Angela x

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Addicted to Stamps and More: Challenge 362 - Make your Mark.
Dream Valley challenges - 211 Clean and simple.
Love to Create Challenge Blog - Challenge 10- Anything Mixed Media, Creative.

17 comments:

Shoshi said...

Just stunning, Angela! What a great technique. I love the effect. Well done!

Shoshi x

Mrs A. said...

What a fabulous technique. I must give this a try. I love your resulting mood board. I have a a piece of white cardstock that I stamped roses in blue and pink over it and was so pleased with the result that instead of using it I just take a photocopy of it which looks just as good. Hugs Mrs A.

crafty-stamper said...

WOW that is absolutely brilliant a fabulous result -thank you for the step bu step and have bookmarked it to certainly have a go-brilliant
carol x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Stunning results Angela, I miss my nature project days with my pre-school groups.. Sending Hugs your way & hope all the DIY is taking shape Tracey xx

Mac Mable said...

You are so creative Angela and thank you for the step by step as I always enjoy reading the process x.

Neet said...

Well worth the trip over Angela. What a gorgeous effect you have achieved. I wonder if you could do it with Brusho's? I must say that I think the colours you chose to use initially have a lot to do with the overall effect which is simply fab! Thank you for walking us through the technique too - something I will definitely try when I get my back a bit better.
Hugs, Neet 6 xx

Lillianb said...

what fab work, looks lovely
Lilian B # 15

Words and Pictures said...

This looks like such a lovely way to play with nature and ink! Beautiful effects and great tips and techniques, thank you. I'm looking forward to having a bit more space to play with eco-stamping and printing etc (just got to get through the horrors of the move first!). Lovely work.
Alison x

Jane Savage said...

Gorgeous card! What an incredible technique yielding such amazing results! I MUST try this!
Thank you for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create With Polkadoodles! Jane (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

Crafty Claire said...

Brilliant technique. The bleached shapes and the stamped images work so well together. xx

Craftyfield said...

Never seen this before... and you know me, technique junkie that I am, I had my curiosity truly piqued! I will be looking at suitable leaves to try that one. Thanks for sharing, Angela, can't wait to see what you do with the Masterboard.

Izzy Scrap said...

Absolutely stunning! Your technique is so creative. And what a wonderful result. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

Linda said...

WOW! This looks amazing. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

Ellie Knol said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ellie Knol said...

Gonna grab me some fern leaves while they are still out there... tfs such a gorgeous technique.. have thought to do this.. a reminder to do it has come now from you .. thanks!

Ina G said...

Wow Angela! Love reading how all these pieces came together. Stunning results. Thanks so much for sharing at HLS Water Colour Challenge this month.

foleysfriend said...

Gorgeous! I love how you used real ferns in a variety of ways to create your beautiful card. Thanks for sharing the techniques you used. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge.

sue n.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10