Friday 1 December 2023

Friday Fun Day

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.


This was Thursday last week when I went into town for my eye test it was quite busy as they were switching on the Christmas lights later that evening.


This was one of the Pop-up stalls selling pretty things.

We had to get back home so didn't stay for the lights going on and actually pleased we didn't as it apparently got really busy......


As you can see here.

Saturday was yet more fun, this time at the Craft Club.


Everyone just arriving.


Quite busy this week but it's the last meeting before Christmas.


And if you didn't see these on Wednesday, I made all these on Saturday. 

Tuesday we went to the Hospital, another try at getting my mum there for her CT scan.

Success!


And we even managed to get her back for lunch too.


The Care Home felt sorry for us I think so they gave us some lovely fruit pudding, delicious!


One of mum's friends' sent me this photo. My mother was at her friend's wedding. Mum is the one at the back second from the right with red hair and the pale blue dress. Not sure how old she was then.


As the week went on it got cooler and you can see here that the garden was quite frosty but I've managed to get the net up off the pond water now as the herons fly over and the net resting on the water allows them to see into the pond. I know the herons find it difficult to catch fish at this time of the year but they can't have mine Lol!


This was the day after and I think it was even colder.
Alfie has just had his breakfast and is ready for his walk so he's cleaning his beard on the frosty grass.

I think that's about it really so I'll finish with a few Schnauzer smiles.


I could really do with one of these. Do you see the mini Schnauzer sat on top? That's Mini's for you.


This one even looks comfy.


Very hairy Schnauzers.


Mmmm....not sure my two would be so well behaved.

Hope that made you smile.

Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

8 comments:

mamapez5 said...

Brr that looks cold! A heron once dropped a big carp on our lawn, but it wasn't one of ours. We saw it fly round but our cats stopped it landing back for it.
you had a busy Saturday morning at craft club so a morning well spent. Kate x

Iris Flavia said...

I love all the lights in the towns. Makes it all better! Wow, those are a lot of cards :-)
I sure saw who your young Mom is! And such a pretty hat the one in front is wearing - I saw one like this here for sale, sadly a tad too expensive for my liking.
Alfie is funny cleaning his beard like that, very cute.
Quite an idea to let them pull a passenger like that - to smiles and have a wonderful weekend xXx

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds like a good week. Those dogcarts were popular in the 1930s and in wartime as petrol was scarce. I wonder how your dogs would react!? Hugs, Valerie

Annie said...

We've been white over with frost here too this week....it was minus 3 this morning brrrrr. Glad you got the scan for your Mum....lovely photos. I love the photos of the dogs but not sure your two are big enough for pulling a cart.
Hugs,
Annie x

Lisca said...

It looks really cold. Luckily we haven't had frost yet, but it will come. That reminds me, I must buy some bubble wrap for my lemon tree.
Dog carts, yes My mum remembers them but I don't. People would think it cruel nowadays. I'm sure some larger dogs were quite capable of pulling carts. (but yours definitely not!)
Oh your pond. Howe do you keep it from freezing? Or have you taken the fish out? I don't understand from the photo what you have done.
Great that your mum has been able to have her scan. She looks lovely by the way in that old photo. Did she recognise the people in the photo?
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

J. S. Vila said...

Interesting and beautiful photographs. Is the first time that I see this dogs doing this. Incredible! Have a very nice day.

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Some wonderful photos, here, Angela. I especially like the vintage one of your mom - that flaming red hair is awesome. I'm glad that you managed to get her in for the CT scan, and it was so kind of the staff to support you with the fruit pudding afterwards!

Sending you some major delight, as always, over your schnauzer shots! 🤩

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10