Friday, 21 August 2015

Friday Fun Day

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Hi everyone this is a follow up from last Friday. If you missed it you can find it here.
I decided Friday was a spare day on my blog so I am making it
Friday Fun Day.

This is going to be the day I post all my test pieces. I am continuing  this week playing with Mod Podge and other glues.

I started getting interested in this again after seeing a recent video from debby epps where she was making something that she calls Acrylic Slick Skins.
So this time I actually had a go at the method she used which is to put the ModPodge onto a sleeve protector that has been cut in half and laid out.
Again this must be done thinly.

 
I then swirled on some black paint.



Added some glitter to part of it and left it to set.
 
 
You will find that it peals away lovely on this plastic sheet.
 



Although I haven't decided how I will use these I tried laying them on top of some journal pages to see how they looked.
 
 
 
I think this technique may prove useful.
So thanks to debby epps for reminding me about it.
 
I tried doing this on one of those acetate sheets that you can use in the printer. It is not a good idea Lol! as the Mod Podge stuck to it and would not come off but it looked nice and might still be useful.
I drizzled acrylic paint and scattered Stella Flash onto it while still wet.
Then used a tooth pick to spread it.
 
 
Tried it on the top of a couple of pages in my journal too.
However it's not easy to photograph because of the acetate.


 


 If you have any ideas for using this I'd be pleased to hear them.
 
Hope you'll call again and happy crafting,
 
Angela x

10 comments:

  1. That is such a cool technique, Angela. Love the blue pearly, metallic effect. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see you experimenting, Angela - a woman after my own heart lol! I have tried this, adding tea from used teabags. You can embed practically anything you want. Mod Podge would certainly be cheaper than acrylic polymer so I won't be using that again. Anything that dries clear, really. Love the subtle colours of your last ones.

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great experiment Angela and I love the finished result and they look good on your journal pages. I am sure you will come up with lots more uses for them! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea and thank you for sharing with us. I love both the top and the bottom one. The bottom one is so very beautiful!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. haaha! I love how much fun you are having with these trials Angela!! The skin with the black swirls is my favorite, but the "stuck" one is pretty cool as well!! Thanks for sharing ,my crafty friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous results Angela! Could you use the acetate technique to make wonderful windows for shaker cards? Or as window panes in a layout? So many interesting possibilities here! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh I like the one with the black paint. I wonder if it would die cut (a non fussy shape) ok?
    Kyla

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to try this!I have tons of document protectors left in my classroom. I want to try making some smaller ones to add into my art journal. I'll let you know how it works.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great experiments and it looks very good. Soon I will try it also. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Dear Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific slicks, Angela - a must-try technique!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and I hope you enjoyed looking around. Please leave a comment if you can as I really enjoy reading what you have to say.
When I know where you are, I can visit you too.
Angela x

My Blog List

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10