Friday 12 January 2018

Friday Fun Day.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you the things that have made me happy this week.

Maisie is here today to welcome you but she got bored so she's having a nap.

 
We seem to have lots of visitors in the garden at the moment and this Woodpecker arrived this week.
 
 
The weather has been a bit dull but his colours still stand out here.
 
Oh Maisie! still sleeping I'm afraid! but who wouldn't love that sweet face.

 
Now the next bird I'm still not sure about as I've been doing other things and not had time to research what it might be.
It was a surprise to see it sitting in the tree.


 The photographs aren't brilliant as I had to take them from inside the house and it was a very dull day too.
I think someone needs to get the conservatory windows cleaned Lol!
Any way these are what I managed to get before it flew off.



 
By the look on this face it knew I was there.

 
Any ideas?
 
Finally I am going to show you this but I'm saying nothing at this stage, more to follow.
 

Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.
 
 And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

12 comments:

Annie said...

Maisie just melts my heart. As for your garden visitors I’m so jealous. The woodpecker would have me looking out of the window all day watching him. The bird of prey I’m struggling to identify but how lucky are you? What a stunning bird.
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Annie x

Crafty Claire said...

Lovely photos. Your mystery bird looks like a sparrowhawk to me. Hope it doesn’t catch sight of your woodpecker!

Jackie PN said...

Ahhh that looks like a Kestral we have here in the US. They hang out around the feeders catching their meals off off of the little songbirds that visit. I understand they have to eat as well, I just wish it wasn't from our feeder friends!
Lovely photos- happy weekend!
Jackie xo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fun post, and Maisie hosting made Bleubeard smile. I'm not any good with birds, except cardinals, so I have no idea. But I am VERY curious about the parking lot you shared. An opening to a new store, I suspect. Have a great Friday and weekend, too, dear Angela.

froebelsternchen said...

I think it's a kestrel - in the U.S. these are called sparrow hawks I found out - here in Austria we call them
Turmfalke - so beautiful! They eat mice but when there are not enough mice to catch, they also catch other little birds to eat them. That's nature! Your woodpecker looks great! Maisie is always in service - good girl - that makes sleepy! Happy weekend!

mamapez5 said...

How lovely to have a woodpecker in the garden. I'm not sure about the other one though I did wonder if it is a kestrel. I'm with Maisie this week. Curled up having a nap sounds like the best place to be. Kate x

Lisca said...

What a great post. I am fascinated by those birds. No idea what the mystery bird is. I know nothing about birds (I wish I did). I had never seen a woodpecker for real. I remember hearing one as a child. My grandmother used to teach me bird sounds. I also remember hearing a coockoo which my grandmother pointed out.
Not only have you got a mystery bird but there also is a mystery photo...
Have you been to a craft fair or exhibition? I'm sure you'll tell us all about it!
Have a great weekend and take care,
Lisca

Stacy Sheldon said...

Hi Angela, I have no clue on the birds it is so interesting that you have such different ones than we see here. to be expected I guess even the other side of the US from me has different birds than we do. I have no clue what the parking lot goes to, but I assumed you were traveling so, I hope its a good trip. :) ~Stacy #27 PS Maisie looks darling

Sue said...

Aww Maisie looks adorable, and you certainly have more interesting birds in your garden than we do in ours lol. Hope you had fun in the car park :-) Have a fun weekend, Sue xx

Cara said...

Maisie is just adorable and I'm intrigued by your last photo. No idea on the bird of prey here. I was cuddling Willow bun in the garden the other day and there was suddenly a bird alarm call. She was absolutely desperate to get away and I nearly dropped her whilst standing. It amazes me that she is so domesticated, but still has that instinct to react to birds alarm calls about predators.

Donna Ellis said...

What a fabulous array of fun, sweet HAPPY photos, Angela! I love each one. We have lots of hawks in our area, and they are rather busy keeping the population of rodents down. But since Hurricane Irma, they also seem interested in other birds, unfortunately. We already lost a lot of our birds - and the poor acorn-eating animals are missing their acorns this year, so I've been supplementing with peanuts a few times a week. Thank you for sharing your amazing photos! hugs, de

TetibelleCrafts said...

Thanks for sharing the bird pictures! I would be so excited I'd those visited me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10