Friday 26 June 2020

Friday Fun Day with Smiles.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.



My mum is feeling a lot better and trying to behave herself after the fall.
I have found time to have a walk round the garden and here are a few pics of some of my favourite plants.
First another Clematis, very different from the one I sowed you the other week.


Red Hot Pokers too.


And look at these beauties! Netting the Cherry tree was not easy but well worth it.


These are big and beautiful with a gorgeous juicy taste.


Apples doing well.
These are Coxes.


And Brayburn.


Pears doing well so far.


It's difficult to get a good photo of the fish due to the net but this is the new fish. You can see it's quite orange in colour so we've decided to call him/her Jaffa.

I have done other stuff this week as I'm still getting the cabin finished and went walking with a couple of friends, social distancing obviously!
Been visiting mum too.

Obviously we need to finish with some funnies.
Sorry there weren't any last week as I was on the last legs getting the post completed in time but here we are today and hope they make you smile.









Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.


Angela x

14 comments:

Annie said...

I'm so glad your mum is settling down and hasn't had any emergencies this week for you. I hope she isn't too far from you for each time you visit? Your fruit trees look to be doing very well and your new fish looks very at home there now....it looks cool in that water so I'd be very tempted to join him/her.
Love the dog funnies.
Hugs,
Annie x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I'm glad to hear your Mom is doing better. Great photos of your flowers and fruit trees. The fish look good. I enjoyed your funnies, especially the one with the Elizabethan Collar, which my cat recently had to wear, due to major surgery. (He's recovering well, thankfully.)

Lisca said...

I'm so glad that your mum is improving. Is she still in hospital?
Jaffa is a very appropriate name for your new fish. That made me smile.
But the dog funnies were really funny, and I giggled out loud. Especially the one in the rain. I could just hear this guy say: wee wees, poo poos, come on Im freezing!
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs
Lisca

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What good news about your mother. Peace of mind is always the best medicine (for you).

Beautiful photos of the fruit today. When I was a child, we had a cherry tree in my yard. I used to climb in it when the cherries were ready. We never had to net the tree and got beautiful red cherries like the ones in your photos. Amazing how different areas have different critters that attack the fruit.

Had to laugh at the dog funnies. They are all cute. And now you know why I have given up on owning dogs and only have cats in my home (grin).

Have a super rest of Friday and a great weekend, Angela.

Win Dinn, Artist said...

So glad to hear that your mom is doing better now - may that continue ad infinitum! Your garden looks luscious, and I'm loving the colour on your new fish!!!

Lynn Holland said...

That’s good news about your mum and thanks for the garden tour.
The chuckles are just what’s needed Angela
Lynn xxx

Mrs A. said...

Your fruit is doing really well. My red hot pokers finished about two weeks ago and I had the best ever display of them this year. The strawberries have done really well too. Hugs Mrs A.

Karen said...

SO many great pictures ~ I've never heard of a red hot poker plant! it's very cool looking. I've also never seen a cherry tree, so I really learned a lot from your post. Loved the funnies too ~ Enjoy your weekend :)

mamapez5 said...

I love red hot pokers. We have something very similar here but I think it is from the Aloe vera family.
It looks as though you will have a good crop of cherries this year. I bought beautiful ones at the market last week. And we had a Cox's apple tree in the garden when I was little. The story goes that my sister -who is 89 now - was used to sharing an apple with her two older sisters, and when asked what she wanted for her birthday, said an apple 'just for me'. She was given a bag of Cox's and dad planted some of the pips saying one day her children would eat the apples from the tree and so they did, as did I. I have loved that variety ever since. Sadly we moved when I was seven, so I don't know whether it is still producing fruit.
The funnies always make me smile, especially the last one!
Kate x


Crafty Claire said...

Thank you, your smiles and funnies always work a treat. Have a lovely day xxx

Mac Mable said...

So glad you've managed to get out walking with friends Angela and that your Mum is on the mend....Wonderful fruit coming along and it must be fabulous to pick and eat your own fruit when it is time x. Thank you for the funnies too x.

Kyla said...

Glad your mum is on the mend and the garden is looking fabulous (definitely worth netting or fleece cherry trees, its amazing how quick birds can strip them otheriwse). LOVE the cartoons especially the goth dog one and the last one I often hear and see my neighbour in the morning doing exactly this with his dog and this week with the rain it has been SO true!

kyla

Rubal said...

Those Pictures are so great & have a lovely day

Craftyfield said...

The joy of having a proper garden... I envy your flowers and fruits, Angela! Glad your mother is better, a weight off your mind at least.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10