Saturday 13 June 2020

The Artistic Stamper Guest Designer.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
So pleased to have been asked to be a guest designer for one month over at The Artistic Stamper and to show you the project I've made.
The Challenge theme for this month is Retro and I hope you will pop over and join in.



Lots of lovely Artistic Stamper stamps.


For this project I've made a Concertina Book.

Here you can see the front and back covers.

And just in case the recipient wants to add a few notes I've made some journaling pages for the back.


And lots of fun pages for the inside. 
As a retired Textiles teacher I really enjoyed using these stamps.


Added a little pocket and journaling tag.


Couldn't resist having a play with the stitches too.

And so to the process of making the Masterboards. 

No.1


Smooshed some colour on to an A3 sheet of card.


Love this lacy stamp to add interest to the design.
I just added it by dabbing it in places. If you roll up the edges and then stamp you wont get any lines appearing.


I stamped and heat embossed some of the button stamps then carried on adding colour and more lace stamping to complete the design.

NO. 2


I used a ghosting technique for this masterboard by stamping and heat embossing the sewing machine stamp and then adding colour with a blending tool.


As you add more colour and stamping it becomes easier to see the images.



When it's complete iron off the embossing and the design comes to life.



At this stage I joined the envelopes together to make the concertina.


I've used some real lace on the design which I grunged up a little with ink.
The small pages which were cut up from an A3 sheet started as the mop up card and I've used it as part of the layering process. 




And the finished book again all layered up.



The stamps used for this project are:
Tick Tock
Stitches
Journaling Words Set2
Lace Background
Button Border
Dressmaking

Thanks for stopping by and wishing you a happy creative week.
Don't forget to pop over to The Artistic Stamper, I look forward to seeing your designs. 

Angela xXx

6 comments:

Margaret Mifsud said...

Woo Hoo! Congratulations on the Guest DT spot Angela. What a gorgeous project. Love the masterboards and the stamps are fabulous. Totally stunning creation. Have a great day!! x

Mac Mable said...

Wow what a wonderful and creative concertina book Angela x. Love your attention to detail and those stamps are fabulous x. Many congratulations on guesting x.

Words and Pictures said...

Many congrats on your Artistic Stamper Guest Design spot - what a treat of project to kick things off. The rosy tones are uplifting, and you've really made the most of all those fabulous vintage sewing images. I've always loved those word stamps too - must get mine out for a re-inking soon.
Alison x

Craftyfield said...

I had a sneak preview whilst at The Artistic Stamper, what a brilliant make Angela. I love the colours and the images (Vintage, realistic, sewing... what's not to like!) and the ghosting technique. You also gave me food for thought with the envelopes mini album, one to try...

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a fabulous book, Angela - I love the whole textile look to it, and your iron-off embossing is a great trick...can hardly wait to get back to the studio now to play!

Crafty Claire said...

Congratulations on the guest DT spot. This is such a gorgeous project. It somehow takes me back to being a little girl with a sense of having 'secret' pretty things with the pockets and tabs xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10