Monday 1 June 2020

The Artistic Stamper Guest Designer.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

So pleased to have been asked to be a guest designer for one month over at The Artistic Stamper and to show you the project I've made.
The Challenge theme for this month is Retro and I hope you will pop over and join in.



I thought The Girl with the Clock gave a nice Retro feel to the card and of course the cogs are great for the background.




The stamps that I've used here are all by the Artistic Stamper
and I've listed them below.


Now you know me so we have to begin with a Masterboard.


Not only is the card Retro style but I've also used a Retro technique that I've not used for ages.



 For the first stage in making the Masterboard I've stamped with guess what! 
Vaseline.
The old ones are still the best and it creates a great ghostly masking technique.


Next apply Oxide ink to your craft mat and pick up the colours drying between shades.

Then lots of stamped images to complete the design and we're on to the card blanks which I've folded to make a Z fold.


Chosen my layering card next.


And prepared the card that I would use to stamp the main image by darkening it with more ink so it stands out against the background.


I've used another of the Artistic stamper stamps for the border and then added some zigzags and squiggles with a fine line pen.


And here is the card again all layered up.
I stamped the lady twice, once onto the coloured card and cut away her arms, head and the outer section of the clock.
Then stamped once on white card which I coloured lightly around the arms and face and added glitter glue to the clock and the dress, once that was dry I glazed over it with Glossy Accents.


I've also stamped a sentiment inside the card and a few enamel dots complete the design.

The stamps used are:
Journaling Words set2
Stitches
Girl with Clock
Tick Tock

Inks are Tim Holtz Oxides.
Fine Line Pen.
Enamel Dots.
Stickles Glitter Glue.
Glossy Accents.

 Hope you enjoyed watching me make this card.
Any comments are very much appreciated.

Have a lovely crafty week and don't forget to pop over to 
The Artistic Stamper for the challenge.

Angela xXx

6 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Many congratulations on guesting Angela x. Wow to the unique and wonderful masterboard. Fun idea to use vaseline and what a great ghostly/light touch it adds. Wonderful Z fold Retro card and the lady and clock look amazing and so is your card...I love it x.

Glenda Atkins said...

Awesome, love it!

Craftyfield said...

Well done on your Guest Spot, Angela! Great project too for that first post. I have used the Distress Glaze to stamp before and I think it's pretty much the same as vaseline, except it's a little stiffer in texture, it makes a lovely background!

Win Dinn, Artist said...

I'm loving this card, Angela, and it has a fabulous retro feel to it. The vaseline technique is one I've also not used in ages, so thanks for the reminder!!!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

So that's what all those fabulous stamps were for you've used them beautifully Angela, lovely subtle colours used over that technique, really complimenting that stunning clock face. As a focal point it makes a great impact.
Congrats on your GD slot, very well deserved indeed.
Take care Hugs Tracey xx

Crafty Claire said...

The vaseline technique is great and you've created a lovely delicate backgroud, perfect to echo the main image xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10