Friday 18 March 2022

Friday Fun Day with Smiles.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.


This is Lincoln Cathedral and I'm sure I don't need to say much more regarding the flag and lights though the Cathedral is due to be used for part of a film again soon.
It has been used several times in the past including the Da Vinci Code with Tom Hanks, Young Victoria and several others. The new one is by Ridley Scott about Napoleon and the work in preparation is well under way.


It is a beautiful building.


Not sure the locals will be too pleased as they are closing some of the roads round there but guess it will bring some business to the city.


There's all sorts going on.


This way to the Set........

 Now we're back to the park.


I couldn't resist showing you this. 
He's the only dog I know that climbs trees and he's a real sweetie too though his enthusiasm for climbing got him into trouble the other day as someone had put out bird food on the top of a concrete cover that stands about four foot high and he jumped on it and started eating the fat balls which I know from experience will probably upset his stomach! 
I shall say no more than that! 
By the way his name is Geordie as he came from Tyneside.


Sorry this is not a very brilliant photograph but the weather has been quite nice here and the schools have been coming out and taking lessons on the Band Stand. All those yellow high vis. jackets are the children.


My Helleborus (Christmas Rose) is flowering.


I'm sure you'll agree this is a very pretty flower.


And what a pretty face!


Walks in the park are always interesting and here is one of the inhabitants. She didn't seem bothered by us at all.

And a few dog funnies to finish.


Where's our biscuits ????
We've been out, done our thing and we're back in the crate so were is our biscuit women!
I think somebody is about ready for a hair cut Lol!

Any way back to the real funnies!





Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

8 comments:

mamapez5 said...

I have liked seeing all the town buildings with their blue and yellow lights etc. They are showing up all around the world. I haven't seen much here but I am not near any cities, and I am sure there are some around. Spai has certainly sent lots of aid over and taken in lots of refugees.
I smiled at the climbing dog. I've not seen many who can do that. he looks like a big soft cuddly pooch.
That duck has a long beak. She is a real poser.
Smiled at the funies, including your two 'caged lions'. Kate xx

Annie said...

The cathedral looks stunning as does your hellebore . The photo of your dogs made me chuckle. Milly loves her cage and will often openthe door and put herself in...but does like a treat for going in there.
Hugs,
Annie x

Lisca said...

That certainly is unusual, to see a climbing dog!
Lincoln cathedral is very beautiful indeed. I have never been to Lincoln though, but I would recognize it anywhere, I have seen so many photos.
I'm glad you have had such good weather. We have had storms, rain, dust storm, you name it. It's cold too....
Oh, your helleboris is beautiful. I have never seen one that colour.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Lynn Holland said...

Oh my Goode ss Angela you had me chuckling with the funnies cartoons but my favourite is the real thing waiting for biscuits haha
Have a lovely weekend. Hope your fine weather keeps up for you
Lynn xx

Mac Mable said...

Thanks for sharing about Lincoln cathedral Angela.....I had no idea x. A climbing dog, another first for me x. Great that the kiddos are out in the fresh air in the bandstand and your hellebores looks so pretty x. The star of the post is the female duck .....I love ducks and I am loving her x. What fabulous funnies Anglea....Thank you for the smiles x.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was impressed with the Lincoln Cathedral. I remember it from the Da Vinci Code, but didn't realize you were so near it. The locals may be upset, BUT the film crew, and there are a LOT of people in a film crew, spend money like it was water.

What an unusual dog. Doesn't compare to the two in the cage, though (grin).

Your Helleborus is beautiful. It has such a lovely color, too.

Cute funnies. Loved the Rex maneuver! Have a super rest of the weekend, dear Angela.

Crafting With Jack said...

Would love to see how he got up there 😊. Love the head tilts in the last funny. Your Helleborus flower is beautiful. When we see them at garden centres I take pictures with my phone. Have a great weekend, x Angela CWJ

Win Dinn, Artist said...

You're a master at showing us your area, Angela. A tree-climbing dog? Whoda ever thunk it? 😮 Your Christmas rose is lovely - that's a new flower to me, so I'm really enjoying these photos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10