Friday 5 August 2022

Friday Fun Day with Smiles.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.
Had a lovely day out last week at Heckington Village Show.

This was Sunday and as you can see it was well attended.


Had a walk round the vintage car show, just love this campervan.


As you can see it's had quite a lot of work done to it.


Loving the colour too and those front windows that open.


Obviously at a show like this you are going to find animals. Lots of sheep but showing you this one as it's a Lincolnshire breed called the 'Lincoln Longwool'.


These are pretty sheep.


Now what do you think this is?


These are all part of the Re-enactment groups.


They really look the part too.


And of course you can't go to a country show without some horse jumping.


I then moved into the Craft tents and there were all kinds of hand made goodies on show.



How sweet is this!


Matching Quilt and Cushion.


Some beautiful patchwork.


Cushions and Quilts.


Loving this one.

There's lots more to show you but I am going to save some for next week as I think that's enough for now as I have other stuff to show you.

Something not so good that we saw on our way to mum's the other day.


There are lots of corn fields waiting to be cut and this is how they should look.


Not like this. They believe that someone has driven past and thrown a match or cigarette end out of their car which started a fire that has destroyed acres of corn fields, what idiots!


On the days when I've had chance to do some crafting I've started painting this. Not sure yet what colours I will use yet just white Gesso to start.

No funnies today but these might make you smile.


Daisy and Stan getting to know each other.


Peace at last.


What a face! 
Think she looks happy?

Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.



Angela x

8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

The show looks good, love the beautiful patchwork. Have a great day, hugs, valerie

mamapez5 said...

The show looks like a good day out. I like walking round the animal enclosures. They are all looking their show-groind best.
The various crafts all look good.
Wildfires are a constant hazard here in the summer. You can get a big fine and 6 points on your license if you are caught tossing a cigarette end out the car window.
Daisy is cute and obviously settling well with her big brother. Kate x

Annie said...

I'm late in the day getting round all my blogging friends because I have been head down sewing since 7 this morning...and still not finished. What a busy few days its been.
What a fab show you went to...cant beat a village show can you? It looks like Daisy has really settled in now....she knows where she is well off obviously.
Hugs,
Annie x

Sue said...

The show looks like fun, I am always in awe of quilters. Can you believe that people just throw matches etc out of cars? Daisy looks to have settled in a treat! Take care and have a great weekend, Sue xx

Julia Dunnit said...

I’m so late for WOYWW that I’m commenting here as I’ve read both! My word that mould is very detailed, it’s obvious now I see it, but of course I didn’t realise quite how smooth and shiny a finish you get from resin casting, it’s amazing. I know you’ll have a lot of fun if not a little quiet therapy in the painting of such a detailed piece! The country show looks marvellous, bet those re-enactments were fab, but man, they must have been hot!

Crafting With Jack said...

Such a sweet face, she and Stan are bound to get on as long as she doesn’t pull his ears! It is hard to believe that someone could have been so careless with a cigarette. There has been so much on the news about the fires. Love that little camper van. Just the thing for an overnight stay! Angela xx

Win Dinn, Artist said...

It's a wonderful thing to have these small town events, speaking to our roots. That camper van is gorgeous, but it's the craft tent that would have had my full attention - what a terrific array of beautiful hand-crafted items! Happy week, my friend! xo

Crafty Claire said...

Such a shame for the farmers who lose their crops and of course for all of us as food prices go up. People can be so thoughtless. Daisy looks like she is settling in and establishing herself very nicely xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10