Friday 12 August 2022

Friday Fun Day with smiles.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.

Back again to show you a few more photographs from the Heckington Village Show.


We stayed here for a while to listen to these two ladies who sing songs from the 30's and 40's.

I've seen them before and just love those old songs such as 'Chatanooga Choo Choo' and 'We'll Meet Again'.


Vegetables next.


Beautiful carrots.


No idea what this is! or how to cook it.


There are always some great vegetables grown around here (guess you would expect that in Lincolnshire) and the allotments are just across the road so they don't have far to carry them to get here.


This is the children's craft tent and there is an interesting collection of handmade pieces.


I just love this deer, how imaginative is that.


Decorated Welly!


How sweet is this.

So I left the craft tent and went to see what the baking was like this year.


The bread looks scrummy.


And how sweet are these!


Cheeky faces!


Now these look the part!

And this is:


One of the decorated flower entries.


And if you like flowers you can buy roses here, beautiful!


Bonsai of course as you know this is one of my other hobbies.


Loving these.


So what next!
A few funnies maybe to finish off!

I must make sure Daisy and Stan don't see these ones.

How crafty is that! 



Hope that's not somebody's craft project!



And that's Schnauzers for you though I'm sure there are other naughty dogs too.


Though probably not as naughty as this pup.
Daisy in the sunshine and getting bigger every day.

Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.


Angela x

7 comments:

mamapez5 said...

I do love going round the exhibits at those country shows. That a fine display of vegetables. I hadn't heard of scorzonera but I looked it up and apparently its name comes rom the Latin for 'narrow leaves' and it is eated chopped raw in salads or 'stewed'. (You learn something new every day!).
It is good to see lots of children exhibiting their projects. That bodes well for the future.
I could spend hours in the flower tent. There are some very talented flower arrangers around.
It sounds as though Daisy is keeping you on your toes this summer, but she will soon settle down. I guess the first six months are the hardest.
Hope you have a good week. Kate x

Twiglet said...

I'm a bit late for WOYWW but I love the Steampunk sentiments. Your pictures of the show are fab - what a lot of clever folk out there. xx Jo

Lisca said...

Thank you for taking me to the show. The exhibits are stunning! The vegetables are amazing. Yes, I know scorzeneras (in Dutch 'schorseneren'). They are cooked a bit like white asparagus. They have to be peeled with gloves and some lemon juice in the water to keep them white and then cooked or steamed or whatever. Served with a white sauce of your choice.
The children's work is always fun. I was a bit surprised at the queen, who looked a bit like father Christmas!
The bonzai are indeed magnificent. Did you buy anything?
The schnauzer funnies made me laugh. I bet Daisy is very naughty.
Have a lovely weekend.
Keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca

Annie said...

Love all the show pics....such a lot of fab things to see. Your funnies made me smile...think Milly might be a Schnauzer in disguise lol
Hugs,
Annie x

Crafting With Jack said...

Fabulous photographs from the show, it’s been ages since I visited a show of that type or any show come to think of it. Those vegetables are really amazing and probably would be rejected by Tesco for being too long 🤣 . My husband bought mis-shaped strawberries the other day 😳 so perhaps things are changing! Gosh it’s been warm lately! Yesterday the breeze which has been really helping was missing. I didn’t know (or perhaps forgot) you like Bonsai trees - do you have many? They don’t always do well in the house. Hugs Angela x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'd like to begin by saying I spent all of Friday getting things finished and ready for the neighborhood cleanup. Then I worked the cleanup from 7:30 am to 2 pm, at which point I got very sick and spent most of the weekend sick. Between the chills and the sweating, I was sick to my stomach. Wanted you to know why I hadn't been by.

We have county fairs that look a lot like what you saw, but that deer was the best of all the things you shared. Even the high end flower arrangement didn't compare.

There were some lovely bonsais. Were you tempted?

The funnies were adorable and I laughed at the schnauzers, too. Hope you had a great weekend, dear Angela.

Crafty Claire said...

I do like a country show, so much variety and great for community spirit...as long as it doesn't get too competitive! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10