Friday 7 July 2023

Friday Fun Day with Smiles

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.


I don't have too much to show you as most of this week has been spent clearing my mum's house so I've had a walk round the garden to show you how the plants are coming on.


I don't normally grow plants in pots but decided to have a few flowers this year and they are doing really well.


I have to say they do brighten everywhere up.


The roses look gorgeous and smell beautiful too.


Gorgeous colours.


And just a few more flowers.


Pretty in pink.



And the fruit...


Apples coming on.


And the pears too.


The peas are fattening up nicely.


A walk in the park on Saturday where the running club were having a good time.


The willow seat is coming along well.


And here is Daisy and Alfie out for their walk.


The rest of the week has been spent at my mums clearing stuff and tidying up.


We're getting there but it does feel sad really. 
My parents have lived in this house since it was built about 70 years ago when the village was tiny.


This was my bedroom now completely empty.
I really hope someone nice moves in and looks after the old place like my parents did, they really loved it.

That's enough of the sad part of the week so I've found you some funnies to make us smile.





Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

                                Angela xXx


8 comments:

mamapez5 said...

I love your pots of flowers. Almost all of mine are in pots and they yake a lot of regular watering, but worth it to see the colour they bring to the yard.
I smiled at Alfie and daisy who seem to be going in opposite directions.
It is a tough job to clear a house that hold so many memories but I guess it had to be done. I am sure you found a few momentums to keep. Now it is done you can have a week doing what you want to I hope. Kate x

Lisca said...

I love your flower pots. I spotted a fuchsia, my favorite after clematis.
Such fun to see your doggies wanting to go in different directions.
Yes, it is sad to clear out the house. End of an era. I feel for you.
Have a great weekend ( in spite of the sadness),
hugs,
Lisca

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Everything I grow is in pots, Angela. I love how lovely your geranium is. Mine is pitiful. Your flowers are all so beautiful and so very colorful, too. Oh those ROSES. Just awe inspiring. Looks like you will have a bounty fruit and veggie harvest, too.

LOVE the dog funnies. That last one had me laughing!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Your garden looks great! It's always sad to have to empty a house, especially as you have lived there. I hope you can hold onto all of the good memories. Love the funnies, thanks for the smiles! Hugs, Valerie

LA Paylor said...

funny funny comics. Still laughing at the head tilts!
I wish we could move some of this rain your way, where are you Angela? Our homes are built to withstand cold so they keep heat and now we live in hot humid conditions in Colorado. Oy.
LeeAnna

Annie said...

I'm very late getting round to visit this week....I've made 7 memory bears today and still have another waiting to be made!!
Your garden is gorgeous esp that rose.....I can smell it from here. Don't be sad clearing the house because it must be full of happy memories :-)
Hugs,
Annie x

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Your flowers look amazing! Sending you clearing vibes as you work through your mom's house...it's a massive job even when it's been cleared beforehand. May it go more easily than you expect...xo

Crafty Claire said...

It's hard to clear out a house that's had lots of happy memories. I'm sure the good vibes will still be there to welcome a new family. The garden is looking splendid and must be a lovely place to relax and reflect. Sending a big hug xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10