Friday 14 July 2023

Friday Fun Day with Smiles.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.


These were the last few days of us clearing mum's house and as you can see Alfie and Daisy were helping too or so they thought.


This was a role of plastic bags that were meant to hold rubbish but by the time Alfie had finished they were full of holes but he was happy and it kept him busy for a while.


Which then went walk about! with Alfie's help of course.


I took this photograph while I was in the village. 
It's the school that I went to and my mother too so you can guess it's old as my mother was 95 in June. It's a beautiful old building with traditional red bricks which were made in the village. 
My Grandfather worked at the Brickyard which was based at the coal mine which is now closed although they are opencasting for coal. 
The mine was one of the last to close in South Yorkshire though it was still economically viable.


Saturday we went to the park where they were having the summer fair. The stalls are mostly selling on behave of a charity.


There was lots there and it was very busy.


There was entertainment too. 
These were just setting up when we walked the dogs before it all opened.


They had boats too so people could go onto the lake.


They were very organised with all the safety equipment too.


Had to show you this beauty. We saw it when shopping. Some of you know I love my MG and this is quite special as it's an MG A but has obviously had a lot of work done to it.


Beautiful!


Oh! and this is Goose my friend's dog. She is very friendly as you can see and rather large too! I was keeping her company for a while.

That's it really for today so I'll leave you with a couple of Schnauzer funnies.


I think they misunderstood.
Daisy and Alfie probably think this is their names too Lol!


I'm sure my two would love this but keep quiet and then they wont know that it's even possible Lol!

Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely post, great to see what the schnauzers are up to. Love your old school, is it still used? My dog was middle sized, and my cat was small and dainty, but between them they took over more than 3/4 of my bed, and I had just a little space on one side.... Hugs, Valerie

Annie said...

I think my favourite funny was Alfie with the rolls of bags.....you should give him a toilet roll, he would make a good Andrex dog 😀😀😀
Hope the house clearing is soon finished for you. The school I went to was very like that....my Grandmother, all her 7 children and all the next generations went there. Grandma taught there and so did one of my Aunties ....in fact when the school had its 150th birthday there had been at least one member of the family there every year 😀😀😀😀
Hugs,
Annie x

mamapez5 said...

That school reminds me of the one I went to. Same red brick and architectural style.
The fair in the park looks very well organised. I hope the stalls made plenty of funds for their charities.
It is always fun to have a furry friend to 'help' with any chores.But it looks as though you got the job done anyway.
The car is cute but doesn't really excite me in the way it does you, but to each his own ..
I'd quite like a cuddle with big Goose. She looks lovely. Kate x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I bet you are glad your mom's house is finally getting sorted. I'm sure it's a bittersweet moment, though. That is a lovely old school. Quite different from ours in the states.

Lots of stalls. I hope the charities all benefited from the event.

That's a beautiful MG. Seems like it has definitely been restored. Lovingly, too I suspect.

Had to laugh at Alfie and the roll of trash bags. That was funny! Have a super rest of Friday and a great weekend, dear Angela.

Lisca said...

What a lovely old school. Is it still being used? I went to a modern school as Rotterdam was bombed during the war and had to be rebuilt completely. So in the fifties I went to a brand new school.
I bet you are glad you have finished in your mum's house. Not an easy job.
I had to smile at your dogs keeping themselves entertained with a roll of bin bags.
There is always something going on in that park. How wonderful.
The MG is indeed very splendid. Turquoise is my favorite color but in this case I don't like their choice of color as that color was not available then. If my memory serves me well, red, white, silver and racing green were the colors. But you would know that better than I.
Great funnies,
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Sue said...

Well you've had a very busy week haven't you! I hope you manage to take it easy this weekend. Have a crafty one, Sue xx

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a fun post, Angela...that school looks amazing, the pooches are ALWAYS a delight, and the fair looks like a blast! I, too, would have been salivating over that MG - what a beauty!!!

Crafty Claire said...

You are very lucky to have such handy little helpers as Daisy and Alfie! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10