Friday 28 July 2023

Friday Fun Day with Smiles.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.


Now what do you suppose is going on here!


There you go it's Alfie looking for Daisy.

 
She's been to the vet's for spaying and some little dewclaws removed from her back feet.


And now she's resting but Alfie is missing her and wants to know what's going on.


She certainly is comfortable.


While Daisy was resting I was busy gardening.
I picked the carrots above. The two top ones were very friendly to each other!


This was interesting. 
Two mole hills had been removed and the holes were open. We can't be sure but we think it might have been the fox that did it.


We had so much rain that the pond had filled right up to the top. Never seen it so full.


So rather than wait for more rain we decided to let some water out.


Better to do this than risk the fish ending up on the garden.
It's a nightmare I had for a long time after driving past a garden years ago where there was flooding and their koi were swimming round the garden. That is scary!

I've been doing some trimming of plants too and planting some more salad stuff while it was dry. My cauliflowers are doing well too and when it was wet I was indoors doing some crafting which you can see on the Monday post here:

We did go to see my mum but she hadn't slept very well and was tired so we didn't stay very long. We had a message from  the British Heart Foundation to say they had sold some of the things we gave them from my mum's and had made £750.00 so far which we thought was pretty good.

But that's about it for today so I'll leave you with some funnies.


I wonder could this be true!

Typical dog thing.


I showed these to Daisy....she was not impressed!

Luckily we've not had to use the cone on Daisy. She had no interest in the Spaying stitches just the Dewclaw bandages.

Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

6 comments:

mamapez5 said...

Poor Daisy. They looks so sorry for themselves after any op, but I am sure she was up and bouncing around again in no time.
I have neveer heard of a pond overflowing and the fish escaping. I can quite see why you decided to syphon some of your pond off before that happened.
Well done on your gardening. It seems a long time since I had a vegetable patch to work in.The friendly carrots made me smile.
That was a great result from the Heart Foundation sales. Well done to all. Kate x

Iris Flavia said...

Cute of Alfie to care and LOL on the carrots.
Fishes in the garden does sound wrong, I agree...
Good thing to support the Heart Foundation. I´m wishing you smiles and a happy weekend xXx

Lisca said...

Oh bless! Of course Alfie misses his young companion. Daisy certainly looks one day post-op. She’ll soon perk up.
An overflowing pond? No, you wouldn’t want that. I wish we had a bit of your rain.
Enjoy your weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Glad Alfie is looking for Daisy. It's nice to be missed.

Good luck getting your second season of salad fixings going. Had to laugh at those carrots.

Fish floating in the yard would be scary, so it's a good thing you siphoned some of the water off.

You deserve a medal for donating that much to the Heart Foundation. I am sure they will put the money to good use.

LOVED the dog cone funnies. Hadn't seen those before. Hope you have a super rest of Friday and a great weekend, too, dear Angela.

Valerie-Jael said...

Alfie and Daisy are both so sweet, love them Hope D is now recovered. I loved your loving carrots, too funny! And I loved the funny about dogs on the floor, they all seem to do that! Koi have ben seen swimming in the stream which passes our house, they must have been washed there in one of the floods. Have a fun day, Angela, hugs, Valerie

Annie said...

Oh Daisy poor you....I hope your wounds heal quickly and you're more yourself soon. It's such a wise decision to have it done but they look so pityful afterwards for a while don't they? Milly needed a collar of shame when we had her done but actually wasn't much bothered by wearing it.
I hope your mum is feeling better soon....there's nothing quite like a poor night's sleep.
Hugs,
Annie x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10