Monday 3 July 2023

Masterboard Monday.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

I am here today to show you some new Masterboards:


It's ages since I did this but I've been in the cabin playing with acrylic paints and a Gel plate.
The only problem with this technique is that once you get started it's difficult to know when to stop!


A4 card and lots of colour, love it.

These designs are made by adding colour with your fingers just smoothing the colours loosely around without mixing them too much (we don't want brown mush). Leave these to dry before brayering on the white paint thinly. 
While this is wet apply the card and smooth well into place (or use a clean brayer) so that it picks up the colour and then pull the card away. 
I like to turn a corner first to make sure it is picking up the paint.


The piece above and below were second pulls. I love these as they have less detail but still match well with the first pulls. 
There is nearly always some paint left on the plate after the first pull and often you can get another one too.


Third pulls below.


And of course you will want to see what I did with these next.......


I love Kate's little balloon dog so coloured a few more of these as I'm sure we can find a place for one of them.


Beautiful little houses.


I took one of the Gel prints and added a few stenciled and drawn images.


Now it's time to prep the pieces for layering up the design. Having cut the first square to size I have drawn the second size square on the wrong side of the card ready to cut it out.


If you have a rotery cutter like this, cutting the square out is easy.
Place the cutting blade level with the pencil line and cut along until you reach the next corner. 
Do this on all sides and then you can remove the centre piece.


Grunge the edge with scissors and then turn the card over and you can attach it to the black card.


The smaller piece is then layered with a piece of kraft and black card and attached to the base which I did with some 3D dots to give depth.
I stamped my favourite stitch stamp around the edge and then grunged it with scissors.


From there I attached the other images and created the sentiment using my Dymo.


It's not easy to see from here but I have added Stickles Glitter Glue to the windows of the buildings and the dog's eye. 
I've also used clear Glossy Accents over the whole of the dog which I think gives it even more of a balloon look though it's not easy to see that here.

So that's your lot for today and hope you like it.
Watch out there's lots more card left over.

I would love to hear your comments.

Many thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,

Angela x

5 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous masterboard, and your card is wonderful, the dog looks very happy with it! Have a great week, take care, hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

oh wow, Angela, gorgeous masterboard to start with, and loving the end result too. One day I will get my gel plate out.... not enough space for the pulls though, that's the trouble!

Sue said...

Your gelli prints look amazing Angela - much better than the sludgy brown ones that I end up with. I'm too heavy handed, but knowing it and doing something about it seems to be two different things!
This balloon dog is so cute - every card looks better with him in it lol.
Take care and have a very happy week, Sue xx

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Lovely masterboards, and a fabulous card. That balloon dog really does it for me!!

Crafty Claire said...

I love the gel plate too for creating backgrounds which are lively and random. It helps lift the overall piece. You'll have plenty of options with these! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10