Monday 17 July 2023

Masterboard Monday.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

I am here today to show you a technique for making a new Masterboard:


This project is great if you need some quick cards.



Not only that but they are fun to make too.

So we start by getting out that Washi tape that you've had hanging around or any Low Tack Tape. Position this how ever you like. I made some spaces wider than others but it's up to you.

When I feel a bit stuck for an idea I like to make Masterboards, no thinking allowed, forget what you plan to do with it when it's finished and just play with the products. Relax and have fun and before you know it you will have some great toppers for your cards.
So here goes.


No.1 scribble around with a soft pencil, you can rub it with a paper stump to soften the effect.


No. 2 add some watercolour paint or ink. I just added this with a paint brush following the lines of my original scribbles. best to only use three colours and dry between each one.


No.3 Use your black ink with a piece of card or the edge of a small ruler and pick up the colour and add it to the design. Don't worry too much about where it goes. You could use bottle tops for this too and create circles.


Yes it looks messy at this stage! but watch this space.

No. 4 are black splatters.


No.5 add some text by stamping or by hand witha pen that's up to you.

No. 6 was the bird stamp but could be any image.

No. 7 finish with white splatters.


And now remove the tape very carefully pull it towards you keeping it flat against itself so that it doesn't pull any of the surface card or paper away.


You should now have several pieces ready to be trimmed and used as toppers for your cards.

I feel in the mood to make something else like this and that's what happens when you find a great technique but if you pop back next week I should have a card made using this Masterboard.


I would love to hear your comments.

Many thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,

Angela x

8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful, fantastic way to make a masterboard. Have a great weeks, hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

Great way to create your masterboard, and I love the results so far!

Sue said...

Angela these are amazing, how very creative you are! Take care and have a very happy week, Sue xx

Crafting With Jack said...

Brilliant! It has echoes of some of classes in Kaleidoscope (I think it was), but I sign up for most of the free ones so I may have been mistaken. Yours looks much nicer though! Angela x

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a terrific way to create that Masterboard, Angela...it's just a fabulous idea for card toppers, and who doesn't love the time and space to play without regard for the outcome?!! Wonderful tutorial - thanks for sharing!!!

Crafty Claire said...

A lovely technique to get some backgrounds going. I've been using a Stabilo All pencil with watercolour ink and love how the ink softens the pencil. xx

Anonymous said...

I’ve never seen a master board before truly brilliant thank you for sharing

BJ said...

Yay I did it! Whoop Whoop.

After a pretty disappointing first painting assignment where I had taped two A3 sheets together, did all the gesso stuff and blocked off into 6 sections. I didn't really enjoy the time limit of 30minutes, the size of the paper and the acrylic paint/colours. Hubby likes it but I wasn't happy at all. So today I followed these masterboard instructions, you know I have been meaning to for a while and whoop whoop I love it. I just needed an extra step - cover keyboard and PC screen before doing paint splatters - oh my word! Talking of which, how do you do the splatters? What paint/tools?? I got into a real mess with acrylics, watered down toothbrush and finger. Hmmmm!!!!

Anyway, thanks loads Angela, I found more joy here than on my "Find your joy" painting course - LOL BJ

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10