At The Mirror Crack'd Challenge Blog, we are doing a Recycle/Upcycle project.
I have chosen to make a Mini Book, one of my favourite projects.
Here are the things that I will be recycling for this project.
- The tubes out of kitchen rolls will be used to make the pages and be used as pockets.
- The plastic from the packaging of one of the embossing folders will be an extra page.
- Part of a cereal box will be used to make the tags to go inside the pockets.
To decorate my Mini Book I am using this Masterboard which is part of a swap I am doing with my friend Gloria.
To make this I started by cutting the A3 Masterboard into four pieces.
Next you need to flatten the tubes as much as possible and I used a bone folder for this. I did reduce the length of these slightly.
I like to prepare as much as I can before starting and so have die-cut the embellishments that I planned to use.
I love these dies as they also have an embossing folder included.
Tim Holtz naturally!
Having cut and embossed these leaves I decided to add some gilding flakes to them and then went over with distress ink and clear embossing powder which completely transforms the card as you can see below.
The one on the right has gilding but no heat embossing and the one on the left has both. I am sure you will agree that the finished leaf looks transformed.
I just love this spider!
Not quite decided yet how to finish these leaves.
I made some tags from the cereal box card which will later be covered and decorated.
Yet another Tim Holtz die!
Here you can see the acetate packaging has been embossed using the leaf die.
Sorry about the state of the cutting pads!
I have other machines but my little Cuttlebug is always by my side Lol! Actually this is a newish one as I wore the original one out so I am careful now not to push the kitchen sink through!!!
Next is the stage where I started to assemble the book and first I wrapped the Masterboard around the tubes.
I prefer to use wet glue for this but that is just my preference.
Here is the first one ready for the next stage.
As I planned to attach the tubes with wire bindings I used the Zutter next to make the holes.
You will see that I have attached a small piece of brown card on the top of the tube to finish the page off and to give somewhere for the holes to be stamped out and yes its edged with another Tim Holtz die.
These tubes are now ready for the rest of the embellishments and stamping to be added.
And here it is completed.
Hope you will pop over to The Mirror Crack'd where you will see what my Teamies have made for this challenge and maybe join in which would be even better.
Bye for now and happy crafting,