Friday 22 January 2021

Friday Fun Day with Some Smiles.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.
First more work in the park.


These were barrels full of concrete used to support the sides of the lake embankment.
There's lots more going on but that will have to wait until next week.


Just a quick check on the Bonsai which are doing fine.


Slightly different route round the park today due to the work in progress.



Snowdrops popping up in the garden, must be a sign that spring is on it's way.....we hope!


Another mole hill has appeared but I bet he's got a headache as it's right next to the concrete under the cabin.


Stan showing off his fleecy jacket.

While hubby is trying to eat breakfast and watch the TV.......not much chance of that with Stan around!



Thought the kitty lovers might like this.


Another different walk due to the park being cut off.

This runs around the back of where we live.


As you can see there is a lot of water which is very typical of areas in Lincoln yet they still want to build on Floodplains...crazy!


And we saw this guy on the way home, love him.

Some of you were asking about the calendar and whether it shows the whole stage in production of the cabin and the answer is yes and I'll show you the following pages each month that they appear so watch out not long till the next one appears.

Just a few funnies to finish.



Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

10 comments:

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Aww, doesn't Stan look dapper in his red jacket. just adorable! The cartoons are hilarious as well! Made my day! xx

Annie said...

It looks like very wet muddy work at the park. I'm always looking for early signs of spring....this year more than ever. Love Stan's red coat and the funnies are brilliant.
Hugs,
Annie x

Crafting With Jack said...

Love the funnies at the end! No rainwear for the dog I notice, mine came back so muddy yesterday they all had a bath. It is beyond belief that they keep on building on the flood plains. I feel so sorry for those people whose houses are flooded. My son’s back garden was flooded the other day for the first time, with a veritable river flowing though it. Thankfully his house was okay.. Tell Stan red suits him. X Angela

mamapez5 said...

You certainly have a lot of water around you. I hope you don'y ever get flooded.
They are not letting the weather stop the work in the park are they? I expect it will be a big improvement when it's done.
I love to see the first snowdrops show their faces. They are such resilient little plants. I am quite surprised your bonsai stay out in all weather, but they seem to be happy enough.
I have a cat who always sits between me and whatever I am trying to look at. The funnies had me smiling again. Kate x

Sue said...

Stan is looking very snazzy there and I'm sure he's far more interesting than what's on TV. It's madness isn't it building on the flood plains. We take up the trees and grass, put down concrete, and expect the water to just disappear! I feel so sorry for the people that can never move house because no-one will insure the properties. On a brighter note, excellent cartoons! Take care and have a very happy weekend, Sue xx

Lisca said...

Puddles and ponds, it's wet wherever you go. I don't own wellies or a rain coat. I'd be totally devastated if I had to walk the dogs in the rain or through puddles and muddy tracks. It sure is a labour of love. Stan looks indeed very smart in his red jacket.
Building on floodplains is lunacy but they still do it, and I feel for the people that bought a house in good faith and then find they cannot insure it.
The snowdrops and the bonsai in the snow are so beautiful.
The cat on the wheely bin is cute and the own on the roof is beautiful.
I had to chuckle at your dog funnies. (The New Year's Eve one got me laughing out loud)
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Mac Mable said...

Thanks for sharing the photos of your walk and intrigued to see what the lake looks like, once it is finished. Stan looks incredibly smart and great to see the signs of spring with the snowdrops x. I bet that mole does have a headache.....Lol...x. Thanks for the funnies at the end too Angela x.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a lovely jacket for Stan. He looks dapper in it. You sure have a lot of snow, mud, and standing water. It's too bad you have to go that way to walk the dogs, but it gives you new areas to visit. Where I live, they built a new development on a flood plain and it turned into a disaster. Now the city has laws in place that show where developers can and cannot build due to that. I enjoyed the funnies. Much like the cats, too. Except my two cats don't know how to party. Sorry I'm so late visiting. As I said in my post, I'm running so far behind, I may never catch up. I hope you have a lovely weekend and week. And I will try to be caught up by next Friday.

Crafty Claire said...

Love the photos of Stan they certainly raise a smile. I had to look twice though at the one of him on your husband's lap! Hope you have a lovely weekend xx

Win Dinn, Artist said...

I do enjoy your Friday posts for the 'where and how I live' shots and the funnies. This one's no exception (and who could resist Stan in his flash jacket!?!). xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10