Friday 3 September 2021

Creative Artiste.

  Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.

I was so pleased to have been asked to be a visiting designer for the Creative Artiste Challenge blog and I've been working on this project.

Here's what I've made.


I decided to use an old Hessian canvas that's been sitting around for ages as part of my plan to "Use it or Lose it".


To get started I used a stencil to add some detail and then a little crackle paste and the fun begins.


Adding texture next in the form of some pieces of dyed silk, muslin and cords. More fun and more texture.


It's difficult to see it but I've added some old lace just above and below the first layers of fabric as I've also covered it fairly lightly with white Gesso.
It all looks a bit messy at this stage but I promise it will get better!


Acrylic paint to pull everything together.


Somewhere among my collection of odds and ends I found this window and one of my favourite Finnabair stencils (Hobbilicious).


After adding the detail with Gel paste I went over it with the Rust Effect Paste. This is part of the set of three by Finnabair and also has some light texture added. You can get this at Hobbilicious.


I've also used a SnipArt (Craft Box) piece and coloured that with two other pastes from the set.

And everything's ready for the next stage.


I attached the the SnipArt, and the window and added some Art stones too, rubbing them with silver wax.


The moulded pieces were coloured first with Gesso and then acrylic paint and waxes.


I wont keep you waiting any longer, here is the finished piece.
I love this Dragon mould which is by Prosvet available from Hobbilicious. I have to say I have become obsessed with their moulds, they are so good and the designs are beautiful.
The pipe work is MDF and the sentiment by Finnabair.

And that's about it really.
Hope you like it.
I would love to hear your comments.
Happy creating, 
Angela xXx

16 comments:

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

This has just popped up on my feed - looks really cool, I love it! Enjoy your weekend! xx

Mac Mable said...

So much texture and loving the mix of the fabulous mixed media products. The stencilling onto the window frame is a wonderful extra detail and WOW to that dragon. A masterpiece Angela x.

Mac Mable said...

Congratulations with being the visiting designer Angela x.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I thought I was reading a Friday Smiles, and read with great anticipation that you were the guest designer. Seems I was wrong, but I still enjoyed the step out photos of how you created this beauty. I have always wanted to create something for that blog and their challenges, but refuse to be blackmailed into being forced to be a follower if I want to join/link in. Congrats again on being their GD this month.

LA Paylor said...

oooh you're doing some fun stuff... wish I could just come over for a play date!! LeeAnna at not afraid of color

Karen said...

Terrific project ~ I like the use it or lose it idea! I need to incorporate that process. Enjoy the weekend!

R's Rue said...

Happy long weekend my friend.

Neet said...

Angela, I have received an email from you regarding my problems???? Is it you or have you been hacked?- Neet x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I'm so happy to see you in the Creative Artiste Guest Designer seat Angela, I knew you would treat us all to something amazing.. and oh boy how amazing is this. Full of layers and layers of loveliness with texture galore. The colours you chose blend so beautifully. What an incredible display this will make in your crafty cabin.. pride of place I hope my friend.
Thank you for sharing every inch of this with us all, I adore it!!
Happy creative weekend Hugs Tracey xx

Julia Dunnit said...

I’m so late to WOYWW that I’ve had the pleasure of extra posts! My word, what you can do with a piece of hessian canvas, blimey! Am also very taken with the cards you made at club, another couple of hundred and you may have made a dent in the spares and off cuts?!! Love that you had some ephemera to tuck around the basic design, makes it really unique. Also, bet you never thought you’d write a sentence s about having enough suckers for the whole street. Suckers. I know what they are and it still makes me laugh!!

Sue said...

This is absolutely wonderful Angela, beautifully done! Take care and have a happy, crafty weekend, Sue xx

Andree said...

A marvellous masterpiece of rich textures, lovely layers, a wonderfully soft palette and gorgeous details.
Thank you Angela for being a fabulous guest designer for Creative Artiste this month xx

Ina G said...

Oh Angela it has been a long time since we 'met' and lost contact. So happy and excited to see you over at Creative Artisite as our Guest.
I soooooooooo love your artistic talents here and what an amazing piece you have made. Loved reading how it was made and the photos in progress. You really have my creative juices wanting to get back to making more mixed media. It's so fun and addictive. Need to check out your blog often.

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful work as always. Miss you dear friend. Thank you for being our guest designer this month ay Creative Artiste. I just love your design. Judy

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, such a beautiful make! Love how you added all the detail and the textures and colours look so amazing 😀. Thanks so much for the inspiration and for joining us as Guest Designer at Creative Artiste this month! Happy wishes! Hugs Jo x

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Oh my goodness, Angela - this is absolutely fabulous. The texture is outstanding, and the little dragon is delightful. Thanks for the process photos - it's wonderful to see how you managed to create this all. I AM IN AWE, my friend. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10