Friday 24 September 2021

Friday Fun Day.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.


The clearing of the new building site continues.


All clear now and ready for the next stage infact there has been a lot of noise down there today.

I wonder if you remember me showing you this tree which had been chopped back. It is in a garden at the end of our street. 


The couple had not lived there for very long and decided to cut it back.


This is how it looks now and growing well. I'll be back later in the year to see how it's getting on.


On the way back from my mum's this week we went through the next village from where she lives.
It's very old and has the most beautiful church too.
The village is called Laughton-en-le-Morthern.
There are many theories about the name which apparently in French means place of death which apparently fits with the fact that the Battle of Brunanburh took place close by which was supposed to be the last chance to regain the mainland from the Saxons.


I'm sure you'll agree the church is very pretty.


Several visits to the park.

Swan babies are growing.


This was funny. 
I wonder if you can guess why they have put a chain round it?
I'll let you know next week but for now what do you think?

And a few dog funnies for you.


I can't remember whether you've seen any of these so added a few extra.





That looks like a good idea for the weekend, hope you manage a bit yourselves.

 Thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.


Angela x

11 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Thanks for the smiles at the end Angela, they made me chuckle x. I can't imagine why they have put such an industrial sized chain around the 'box'....looking forward to hearing why x. What a pretty church and village and thanks for sharing the 'not so pretty' theory...lol x. Let's hope that tree just keeps growing and hope you managed some crafting this weekend? x.

mamapez5 said...

They are not wasting any time with those houses are they? But I guess the sooner they are built the better from a dirt and noise point of view.
I loved the tree. It takes a lot to keep a good tree down, I hoe it grows back a nice shape.
The cygnets are looking good and healthy, for the start of Winter.
I smiled at the chained up box. If it was on a beach I'd say turtle eggs or similar, but in the middle of a patch of ground, I have no idea!
You find some very funny and relateabl dog funnies. Here's to a weekend of busy doing nothing for me. I hope yours is a relaxing one too. Kate x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wonderful photos and funnies. Have a good weekend.

Annie said...

I can’t imag why the box has chains around it....obviously it has something precious in it? It always amazes me when treessprout like that when they have been cut back...nature really is wonderful. Love the funnies...Milly ‘kills’ all her toys like that hehe
Hugs,
Annie x

Lisca said...

What a lovely village with the posh name. Interesting to hear that little bit of history about it. Suddenly it makes sense. Yes, the church is beautiful.
I have no idea what that box could be for or what it contains. It has holes in it so it could contain eggs or something. or something to do with electricity. Perhaps a rat trap. No the holes are too small for that. I have no idea. I hope you will tell us next week.
Those cygnets are growing fast. I count three.
The funnies really made me giggle. (No, I hadn't seen those extra ones).
I love seeing that tree fight back. It is looking really good now and soon will be the size it was...
Have a lovely weekend,
Keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

My apologies for visiting so late. Life got in the way of computer time.

People in the states are scrambling to find decent housing and that is why I was horrified they tore these houses down. They looked so well built, too.

That's a lovely church and I enjoyed learning a bit about its history. It's really reminded me how little I know about the history of your country.

The cygnets will be turning white soon, I suspect. So glad they have made it this far.

Your funnies reminded me why I have cats (GRIN)!! I really laughed at the slipper, though. It reminds me of Squiggles batting anything he can find into the water bowl.

Have a super rest of the weekend, dear.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Forgot to mention. I have no idea what the box is, much less why there's a heavy chain around it. I enlarged it and saw Danger, Electrical Short and couldn't make out the last word. However, I see it is bolted to the concrete base.

Rajani Rehana said...

Super blog

Mustafa Özbek said...

Türkiye'den sevgiler.

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Loving that last cartoon, Angela - I think I'm going to take it to heart. :D

Crafty Claire said...

I'm very behind with following blogs but I have to find out what the chained box is!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10