Tuesday 14 September 2021

WOYWW - 641 - What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.


Hi Workdesk friends. 
We are here for another Wednesday at the Workdesk and here is:
"What's on my Workdesk this Wednesday" and as Julia posted early I've done the same!


If you don't know what this is all about then please visit the
 
Stamping Ground, our host Julia will explain.


So here is my desk for today!
Still in the cabin.

If you were around on Friday you might have seen me working on some moulding. I have just about got all the things I need now to complete the Gothic Cabinet so I am a bit further on this week.


Lots of new pieces added.


I really don't like this stage but you have to do it to move on! I always think of this as the "Ugly Duckling Stage".


I have had these gems in my stash for more years than I care to remember so needed to find a way of using them.


After attaching the moulded pieces I got to this and glued the roof in place.

More dragons on the way.


And then it was time to bring the whole thing together.
The textured pattern down the side edges were some old Ric Rac braid that was lying around.


The back and the drawers look like this.


And the roof section.

I know there are lots of you that don't do 3D mixed media so I wanted to show you the process of how easy it is to do even with a large project like this one.
I'll be adding the colour next so we've some way to go yet before it's finished but I'll be back soon.

So that's me done for today.

 Thanks for stopping by and hope you will pop over and join in the visits around the other desks.

 I'm off now to see what everyone else is up to.
Have a great woyww 
and 
happy crafting,

Angela x

19 comments:

Helen said...

the gothic cabinet is looking fabulous! I haven't done any structural mixed media for so long; maybe I'll get time next week (I have a week off work) to have a bit of a play! Happy WOYWW Helen #7

Sarah Brennan said...

I am always amazed what a difference a layer of black gesso/paint makes to a piece ANgela. The cabinet is looking amazing already! Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #8

Lynnecrafts said...

Hi Angela, I love your dragon cabinet- very gothic!
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 3

Neet said...

That is looking lovely and I do like the back of the roof very much. I have a shrine type thing I made years ago but it was done in a workshop that was more about paint than anything - I might just have to find it and rehash it after seeing this. Fabulous piece as it is Angela so what it will look like in the end is well worth waiting for.
Hugs Neet 1 xx

Annie said...

You're right. I for one would never work on something like that but I am really loving how you are building it all up and the effects you get are really stunning.
Hugs,
Annie x #13

Crafting With Jack said...

This is a fabulous piece, I love how you covered those blue gems with black, such a great tip. I wouldn’t call it easy, but the hardest part is bringing together all the different elements. That is a real skill and a lot of work with the moulds. Angela #2

Lunch Lady Jan said...

It’s wonderful seeing all the elements coming together and the piece looks amazing already! I can’t wait to see how it ends up. It’s great how you’ve used up old stash too!
HUgs LLJ 6 xxx

Spyder said...

Oh, this is great, I was hoping I hadn't missed any of this as I've been locked out of Stamping ground for ages now and can never remember who did what! Its looking great and can hardly wait to see the colour you are going to use! Happy WOYWW! Stay Safe, Keep crafting and painting dragons! ((Lyn)) #22

Empire of the Cat said...

I'm loving the gothic cabinet, can't wait to see it finished. Might be tempted to get one for myself, depending on how big the drawers are etc. Happy WOYWW! Elle #11 this week

Lillianb said...

What a fabulous Gothic cabinet looking forward to seeing in finished

Take care and stay safe.

Lilian B # 19

Marit said...

Oh WOWZAH!!! That's awesome Angela!!! And thanks for showing all the steps but I wouldn't dare to start a project like that, I'm just no good in 3D (I am a 'flat thinker' HA!) Thanks for visiting my blog yesterday, enjoy your week! Love from Holland, Marit #16

craftyani said...

All I can say is wow, I have been watching this develope over the weeks. Keep up the good work. Ani

BJ said...

The chest is coming on leaps and bounds, love the mouldings.
Thanks for the visit BJ#18

Stacy Sheldon said...

I enjoy watching the progress views when you make them Angela :) the layers to texture are just awesome. :) ~Stacy #21

Mac Mable said...

Stunning Angela and thank you for sharing it with us. I can't imagine it getting any better! x. Fabulous moulds, great dimension and so very creative x.

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Your cabinet is on the way to becoming a stunning piece, Angela - I am drooling already, and you've not even started with the colour. Wowza!

Elizabeth said...

Even though you have more to do, what a transformation! Gothic is not my thing but my granddaughter would absolutely love your cabinet. I can just see it in her bathroom. Can't wait to see the finished piece. Have a great week. Elizabeth x #23

Shoshi said...

The cabinet in the cabin is coming along famously, Angela! Love it! I do love the ugly duckling stage when you can see how all the separate elements will come together once it's painted - it's very interesting. Thank you for your visit and for your good wishes. Sorry for the lateness of my visit but after 5 afternoons on the trot being out having radiotherapy, I've had things to catch up with, and I am now suffering the beginning of the expected fatigue and not feeling great. I'm glad you enjoyed my various creative antics last week!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi x #12

Mary Anne said...

Whether or not anyone does mixed media or not, no one could help but be amazed by what YOU do. Being late to WOYWW means I get to look ahead, so lots of interesting developments :) I love it, of course. It'll be even more stunning once you add those final touches!

Happy WOYWW, so very late!
Mary Anne (9)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10