Friday 10 September 2021

Friday Fun Day.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.
I didn't think I would have much to show you this week but I have a few photographs so I hope you enjoy seeing what I've been up to.


This has been my fun day this week, a few more items moulded for the cabinet project. Probably too many actually!


But I have been in the garden. 
The Buddleias are flowering again and the butterflies are loving it.


We have a couple of different colours and they are very pretty.


I love this dark one very much.


The pond and the fish are looking good but the sun may have something to do with it as we've had some very warm days this week. 
The fish don't know how lucky they are, there are days I would have liked to be in the pond myself.


This is the new filter and it's much easier to flush out than the old one as you don't need to go inside apart from a couple of times a year.


This is what comes out and the plants seem to be enjoying it.


The park is quieter now the children are back at school.


But we did see this.....Wagons Roll! Great to see them out again. There is an old people's home on the edge of the park so I'm guessing they've let them out today.


We pass these two houses on our way back from the park and they are about to knock them down to gain access to the land at the back. You may remember that I showed you this...


The land in the distance on the right is the back of those two houses and that's where they will build the new houses. Behind me is our house.
They had cleared the land in the spring but it's all over grown again.


This is another peak down the drive between the two houses and you can just see where the trees start.


Back in my garden, this is my one and only coxes apple that the squirrels haven't eaten!


Many of them look like this.

And finally my friend who is in Scotland at the moment sent me these photographs.


Can you see what they are?


Pebbles and lots of them. 
She knows I love doing my own and this is quite amazing.

Just a few funnies today to finish off.

That could easily be Stan given half a chance!

Not the right breed but could be Maisie and Stan though Maisie also likes chasing pigeons.

Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.
Angela x

7 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Angela. As for the mouldings, I'm sure you really can't have to much of a good thing and I will be watching out for where they will go on the cabinet. Your budleas are really gorgeous colours.....we don't seem to have had so many butterflies this year but the bees have been really busy here.
Loved the dog funnies :-)
Hugs,
Annie x

mamapez5 said...

I always used to mould more than I needed. I have a box of the spares somewhere...
I love the buddlea. I always had one in my garden to attract the bees and butterflies. I don't think it grows out here.
It is lovely when it is warm enough for the fish to all come to the surface. I could sit and watch them for hours.
Those houses look much to new and nice to pull down. I hope the new ones won't be too intrusive for you.
My dogs prefer chasing cats (except our own) rather than pigeons, but they are mostly collared doves here and they are wise enough to sit on the overhead cables and just watch from above.
Kate x

Lisca said...

They are pulling down those houses? They look really new. Do you think the council bought them off their owners? Or the developers more likely and then put up houses that will make more money like flats. I know for a fact that when you pull down an existing house, there are lots of materials that can be re-used or sold on.
Your buddleias are gorgeous. Yes, I like the darker one too. We have have less butterflies this year. I don't know why. I must put 'real' flowers on my patio. I usually go to the garden center and buy petunias and pelargoniums, but they are all hybrids and the butterflies and bees don't like those.
Your pond is looking healthy. I suppose the new pump bit has something to do with it.
What a shame about the Coxes. They are nice eating apples.
That ridge of painted pebbles is amazing! As far as the eye can see!
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Rajani Rehana said...

Mind blowing post

Mac Mable said...

Once you get your moulds out it is difficult to stop Angela x.
Great to see the beautiful butterflies enjoying the flowering Buddleias and yes a dip in your pond (fish and all) would have been great! x.
Glad the park is a little quieter for you to enjoy....just mind those wheelchairs (great to see them out and about enjoying themselves) x.
Get in quick with eating that apple and thank you for the funnies at the end Angela x.
Fabulous pebbles and wonderful inspiration for you Angela x.

Crafty Claire said...

Thank you for the smiles. There is something very satisfying about peeling off the moulds. You'll find something to use them on. Have a lovely week xx

Win Dinn, Artist said...

I so enjoy your Friday posts for a chance to peek about your neighbourhood. Loving the rock stretch that your friend send you...one could get lost in looking at all of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10