Monday 20 March 2023

Masterboard Monday. Use it or lose it.

  Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
I am here today to show you my new journal page:

These strips of Tim Holtz Washi tape have been sitting in the drawer for far too long, so long that some of them were very very sticky! So now it seemed like a good time to use some of them up.

However no problem they are now covering this page.

I applied a thin layer of Gesso over the Washi Tape first and then the colour!

 
More unused products out today,  Brushos and Pixie powders this time added lightly so that the images and text on the washi tape was still visible.
I sprinkled this on and then sprayed water over it.


I used this to mop up the waste paint and I can tell you this will not end up in the bin and you will surely see it again.
 
So this is were we ended up.

I started by hand drawing the two birds and then painting around them to make them stand out against the background. 
I masked the birds and stamped over the background with a sentiment stamp by AALL and Create and then splashed on white paint.
 

I added some white pen to highlight areas and shading too around the eyes and bodies to add depth.

The sentiment is by Studio Light.
 
I loved drawing these birds though I wasn't sure about them to begin with but satisfied with them now.  
You might just see them appear again some time.

I would love to hear your comments.

Many thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,

Angela x
 
I would like to enter this journal page in the following challenges:

9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous work today, love your birds, and a great way to use up washi tape! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Sue said...

Wow Angela this is fabulous! What a great way to use the washi tape, I bet mine is just as old as yours lol so that needs using too. Your birds are amazing, how clever of you to draw them yourself, and they look perfect on your page. Take care and have a very happy crafty week, Sue xx

Crafting With Jack said...

What a great idea to use up washi tape. I think I will have a go at that! Love your birds too. Happy WOYWW. Angela #8

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a wonderful progress post, Angela. I LOVE those birds, and the creative way in which you used the washi tape. You are just so filled with great ideas, and your follow-through is outstanding. So inspiring!!

Valerie-Jael said...

And thanks for linking to AJJ, much appreciated! Hugs!

My name is Erika. said...

Those birds are so much fun. This is a great page. I love all the details and how you explained your process too. I would never guessed about the birds thinking they were also an Art by Marlene page. Thanks so much for sharing this with at AJJ for Valerie's challenge. It was really an inspiration. hugs-Erika

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Wow!!! This is a wonderfully designed page, a true art of this kind!
Happy day, hug Elke

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh Angela. I love those birds and I like that you used some old washi tape. It is always good to use what you have before buying something new. This is a fabulous entry, especially those amazing birds and perfect for Valerie's theme at Art Journal Journey.

Crafty Claire said...

Your birda are fantastic. I was scrolling down to see which brand they were. Now there's no chance of me having them! I look forward to them reappearing xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10