Friday 11 August 2023

Friday Fun Day with Smiles.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week well most of it was last week actually.

Back to the show at Heckington.
If you missed last weeks visit to the show you can find it here:


Tractors first today but look at those clouds. We were very lucky that it stayed dry until we got home.


Fun for the children too.


And interesting things to buy.


In this tent they were demonstrating Bell Ringing.


I wonder if you recognise this Three Wheeler?


It's a copy of the one from Only Fools and Horses.
If you're not from the UK you may not know about this but it's a comedy programe.


Next I went to see the baking competition.


Beautiful Victoria sponges.


And cheese scones...scrummy.


Great collection of vegetables.


And the childrens' section. 
These are so cute.


And baked goods.


Altered boots.


Sweet drawings.


Later we moved on to look at some vintage cars.


This one was a very old MG.


From there we went into the collectors tent.


These people collect all kinds of things.
They seem very happy but that could be all that glue and paint they use!


This young man had been making these since he was 14.


I loved this, so much gorgeous detail.


And something from my own garden. Really pleased with this as I've never grown Cauliflowers before.


I have to say we have now eaten this one.

Daisy and Alfie enjoyed their day out too and are sending a few funnies to finish off with..





Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

8 comments:

Lisca said...

I love seeing photos from the show. It’s like I’m there in person. Yes, I recognised the Robin Reliant. A guy from our church in Bristol drove one. And this replica of course is very famous. I remember Fools and Horses with Del Boy. And do you remember Steptoe and son? With Wilfred Bramble ( can’t remember the other guy’s name who played the son) . But Steptoe sr was such a character!
All those cakes and vegetables! I think your cauliflower is worthy of a prize too.
No I don’t recognise that old MG. Definitely before my time.
Loved all the funnies. Thanks for the smiles.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Annie said...

The show looks fab...It's Shrewsbury Flower Show today and tomorrow but sadly it's now very expensive to go and I couldn't manage the flower tents any more with all the scent and pollen so we wont be going.
Hugs,
Annie x

mamapez5 said...

That was a very interesting show with something to please everyone.
Well done on your cauliflower. I never managed to grow one with a curd as big as that. I hope you enjoy eating it. Kate x

Valerie-Jael said...

I love the thought of setting the snooze button for Friday on Monday, great idea. There was a lot to see at the fair. I love fools and horses, I used to be to get it over the internet, but not any more, pity! Hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

The show looks great fun! Lots of smiles today. I love cauliflower, well done growing your own

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry I'm late visiting. Hoping to be more punctual now the clean up is over. Some of those farm tools, like the pitch fork and such look like they could have come from my shed (grin). Loved the funnies. Got a kick out of the dog chasing the fly. Have a super rest of the weekend, dear friend.

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Between all the fabulous food and the even fabulous-er pair of altered boots, I am drooling all over my keyboard. It looks a wonderful show!

Crafty Claire said...

I do love a country show. Your cauliflower was very impressive. This year I have grown a tomato plant on my little balcony. It's completely taken over. My husband has some chilli plants. It's very satisfying growing your own edibles even with the distinctive nourishment of Heathrow pollution!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10