Wednesday 20 March 2024

WOYWW - 772 - What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Hi Workdesk friends. 
We are here for another Wednesday at the Workdesk and here is:
"What's on my Workdesk this Wednesday".


If you don't know what this is all about then please visit the
 Stamping Ground, our host Julia will explain.


So here is my desk for today!


Back to the collage journal this time using my less favourite colour which is yellow but I'm trying to be brave and play with it.
The only other stuff on the desk is probably a variety of glues but mostly I tend to use Prit stick and a Ranger collage glue for this.


I try not to think too much when putting these together so I just take about three papers, cut and tear them to fit and attach. 
I do tend to arrange them differently on each grid.
I finished these collages with some paper napkins that I've had for ages, they are not real ten pound notes so please don't worry, I haven't lost my mind yet or won on the Lottery! Finally added some gold stencil paste which is lovely and shiny. 
I will probably add a sentiment at some stage when I decide what to use the grids for.

Anyway that's what I've been playing with and I quite like the finished collages even though they are yellow Lol!

So that's me done for today, nice and quick just how you like it.

However, I have been working on a new Mixed Media piece and if you would like to see details you can see it below this post here:


 Thanks for stopping by and hope you will pop over and join in the visits around the other desks.

 I'm off now to see what everyone else is up to.
Have a great woyww 
and  
happy crafting,

Angela x

16 comments:

Helen said...

the grids look great - I agree about yellow, it's a hard colour to use. Looks like you are cracking it. Off to check out the mixed media project. Happy WOYWW Helen #1

Neet said...

In't it funny how we shy away from using some colours. Thinking about it I rarely use yellow myself. Yet I saw a card with a predominantly yellow background by Jo Rice and loved it, had to join the workshop even though I knew i could not make it as yet.
One would never know you did not like yellow the page is lovely.
Hugs, Neet 2 xx

Mary Anne said...

Oh that fake tenner made me go WHAT? till I looked carefully at the Queen's face. Like a tenner created by AI LOL! And the mixed media piece is stunning - so reminds me of Debbie Rock's work and beyond my skill set for sure. So many fun bits and will grace any wall.
Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (3)

Annie said...

I really love your collages….very Spring inspired being yellow. Your multi media piece is gorgeous.
Hugs,
Annie x #6

My name is Cindy said...

I'm glad you explained about the £10 notes, I was beginning to wonder.... yes yellow is a hard colour to use when crafting, I tend to veer towards mustard or the really vibrant tones. Be interesting to see what you make of this. Just adore that MM piece. Have a great week, love n hugs Cindyxx #7

Marit said...

Wow, that's a lot of yellow... I think it's a difficult colour too but you made it shine! Hope your day is as bright as your collages. Happy woyww, hug from Holland. Marit #11

Christine said...

Ok . . . I give in . . . I am inspired by your collaging into a journal . . . so useful as both a tidy up tool and backgrounds for cards . . . in my humble opinion . . .. thank you
I just love those yellow pages . . not my go to colour either but they are so bright and cheerful . . .
Have a good week
Christine #13

Crafting With Jack said...

Sunglasses needed! 🤣. Your collages are definitely bright! Love the texture in the . Happy WOYWW. Angela #8

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

What a great workspace, and journal layout, I love the colors!
Happy Wednesday Hugs,
Kim #18

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Angela!

I love your grid collages! I get you with the yellow! It is a fun color to use when you have muddied your project and need to lighten it up, but beyond that, I struggle to create projects with yellow as the main color. The funny thing is that I actually like the color in other scenarios.

Have a fabulous week!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, WOYWW #22

Lynnecrafts said...

Your gold collages are lovely. That dragonfly sculpture looks very interesting.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 15 xx

Robyn said...

i find yellow and orange to be a challenge, tho you cnat go wrong with the Queen! Robyn 17

Words and Pictures said...

Great collages - and the napkin money fooled me! So good to hear from you... I'm afraid my blog is sorely neglected - IG won!
Alison x

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Masterful collage work, Angela, especially when you consider it's not a colour you particularly like to work with. Well done!!!

Lindart said...

I love your collages, especially the gold stencil paste! I must find some of that! Good idea in general for my 4X4's maybe I will try stencil paste! Sorry I'm late this week, I have a tiny window today where I can look at everyone's blogs! Have a great week, Lindart #19

BJ said...

I think you did really well with your nemesis - yellow! Although the £10 note did shock me at first!! Is the scribbly writing your own or a stamp or paper or something, I really like it. The banana stickers are cool too. Hand not better yet, we'll see, expecting NHS to take a jolly lot longer to get anything done as I went private before with hubbies work medical insurance but he's retired now so that's gone....I had nipped in with my left Frozen shoulder op in 2020 and my right hand in 2021 before he retired though, the latter was extremely stressful so want to avoid if possible for left hand. Hugs BJ#9

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10