Monday 18 March 2024

Mixed Media Monday today.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Something a bit different this Monday as I've been busy working on a new Mixed Media project designed by Anna Hersom:


So just a quick look at how I put this together.


Not easy to see but stencil first.


You can see the detail  better here.


Frames next. 


Once they are put together we can start to build up the design with resin light bulbs and cogs.

Cover all that in black Gesso and then add the colour using a dry brush blending it to prevent sharp edges.


The moths are painted black and then red gilding flakes added. I also went over some of it with Treasure gold wax to bring out the detail.

Hope you like it.

I would love to hear your comments.

Many thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,

Angela x

6 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, wow, wow! LOVE it! Hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

LOVE it!! Helen x

My name is Cindy said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

Crafting With Jack said...

Fabulous work. Angela

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous mixed media textures!
Alison x

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Wow, this is just outstanding, Angela - I'm loving the textural aspects of it, and definitely the colour combination. This is beyond rich and into the otherworldly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10