Wednesday 11 September 2024

WOYWW - 797 - What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday.

   Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Hi Workdesk friends. 
We are here for another Wednesday at the Workdesk and here is:
"What's on my Workdesk this Wednesday".


If you don't know what this is all about then please visit
 Sarah's Craft Shed and our host Sarah will explain.

So here is my desk for today!
This is in the cabin today.


Nearly ready to remove the resin from the tub. You can just see some of the objects in the bottom,
shells, stones, starfish and jellyfish.


I've added more to the waterfall but not finished yet and Gel Medium to the surface of the water which gives the effect of moving water when it dries.
I've trimmed off the thread that was holding the Manta Ray in place too. 

These are not projects that can be rushed as deep pour resin takes time to set thoroughly but the final stages will be next.

I have never made anything as big as this before with resin let alone without a silicone mould so fingers crossed it looks okay and pops out cleanly when it's finished. 
I like the colour of the water and the way the sand turned out when set so we'll see.

No idea what I'll do with it when completed as it was just a test piece really.

Finally my usual desk!


This is Sarah's fault!


I had collected some of these on Pinterest.
So checked out the website, ordered Wednesday evening and they arrived Friday afternoon, now that
has got to be good.
Thank you Sarah x

So that's me done for today.

 Thanks for stopping by and hope you will pop over and join in the visits around the other desks.

 I'm off now to see what everyone else is up to.
Have a great woyww 

and 
happy crafting,

Angela x

12 comments:

Helen said...

your resin project looks to be progressing well, can't wait for the big reveal when it is finished! Enjoy your colour cubes. Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Mary Anne said...

Loving the resin progress and those cubes are still appealing, but I did have to slip back to your masterboard as well. Stunning!
Quick scoot round before knitting WOYWW!
Mary Anne (5)

Lunch Lady Jan said...

It’ll be great to see the resin project when revealed, looks interesting already! I have no idea what the Colour Cube is but I like the packaging lol!!
Hugs LLJ 8 xx

Annie said...

I was just about to ask you what you will be doing with the resin piece and you answered my question lol. Psychic or what? I love the colour cube...I'm sure it will be very inspiring.
Hugs,
Annie x #16

Neet said...

Can fully understand you succumbing to buying the colour cubes. So useful when crafting.
The resin piece intrigues me and i cannot picture it at all but what I can see I like the look of. You had me at starfish and got me wondering how you did it at waterfall - and then jellyfish?
Hugs, Neet xx 1

Anonymous said...

We're such a bunch of enablers aren't we?! I'm really looking forward to seeing how your underwater project turns out and I've been pondering the feeling of being excited about another's craft project! Best wishes, Lisa-Jane #13

Twiglet said...

Excited to see the end result - I think you should video the big reveal for us all to enjoy.😃x x Jo 🌈

Crafting With Jack said...

Your project is looking fab! I am painting the stag not doing decoupage, but of course if I make a mess…. Happy WOYWW. Angela #15

My name is Cindy said...

That resin project looks awesome - I'm sure we are all holding our breath for the big reveal. Now I am going to have to check out colour cube!! Have a great week, love n hugs Cindyxx #7

Susan Renshaw said...

That resin project looks amazing!
I keep looking at those cubes...
Happy WOYWW! Susan #3

BJ said...

Oh you scamp getting the colour cubes! Have to say I too was wondering what you'll do with the resin piece when you have finished it. Maybe a door stop, if it is heavy? In the garden? Hmm still pondering. Hugs BJ#6

Lynnecrafts said...

The resin project is getting interesting! Enjoy your colour cubes.
I’m late and catching up.
Have a good week
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 14 xx

Blogs I follow

01 09 10