Wednesday 4 September 2024

WOYWW- 796 - What's On your Workdesk Wednesday.

   Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Hi Workdesk friends. 
We are here for another Wednesday at the Workdesk and here is:
"What's on my Workdesk this Wednesday".


If you don't know what this is all about then please visit
 Sarah's Craft Shed and our host Sarah will explain.

So here is my desk for today!


Not a lot here as we only got back from Matlock on friday then I went for my Shingles Jab on Saturday morning, managed the Craft club but by the evening I was shaking and shivering. It took a couple of days before I started to feel better but it has to be done, much better than the Shingles.


I did manage to make an anniversary card for my sister-in-law yesterday which is now on it's way.


It had to be simple as my brain wasn't in the mood for anything too complex.


This is where I am up to with the Diorama.

I've added the sea creatures, blue resin for the water and the start of the waterfall. The small cane is holding the Mantaray in place while the resin sets. Because this is a deep pour resin it takes much longer to set so going away for a week is a good idea as I'm not tempted to put my finger in to see if it's setting Lol!

More to follow next week.

So that's me done for today but if you want to see what I was up to last week there will be lots of photos here on Friday.

Go On! just a teaser.....



Thanks for stopping by and hope you will pop over and join in the visits around the other desks.

 I'm off now to see what everyone else is up to.
Have a great woyww 

and 
happy crafting,

Angela x

13 comments:

Helen said...

Glad you had a good week away, look forward to seeing more photos on Friday. You made me laugh about not poking the resin to see if it's set - bit like checking to see if glitter is dry!! Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Annie said...

I love the look of the resin...I'm with you on touching it to see if it's set....it's like a wet paint sign, you just have to check don't you? Or when your'e out for a meal and they tell you your plate/dish is hot :-)
Hugs,
Annie x #6

BJ said...

Lovely card, simple is often the way to go even without feeling horrid. Looking forward to the Diorama reveal. Hugs BJ#9

Mary Anne said...

Beautiful card! And so curious to see the final diorama. Oh and me too - got the shingles vax. Felt OK, arm hurt, and then all of a sudden my blood sugar skyrocketed. Turns out the main ingredient is SUCROSE. Took a week for it to settle down. Not looking forward to dose two LOL!
A quick dash before knitting
Happy desk-hop day!
Mary Anne (3)

Lynnecrafts said...

Your anniversary card is beautiful and classy. I’m looking forward to seeing your final diorama.
Take care and happy WOYWW
hugs
Lynnecrafts 10 xx

Crafting With Jack said...

Lovely card and I love the turtle in the previous post. Is waiting for the resin to dry a nerve wracking experience. Does it always come out cleanly? My niece used plaster of Paris quite a bit and that often comes out in pieces or with tiny bubble marks. Still useable though when you are covering it anyway. Love steam trains! Happy WOYWW. Angela #13

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I like Matlock a lot, glad you had a good time away. The shingles jab made G a bit upset for a day or so but better than getting the full blown thing. I like the shot of resin in progress, it’ll be fun to see the finished piece!! The card is gorgeous too, so elegant xx
Hugs LLJ 5 xx

Neet said...

Nice card Angela, would be nice for Valentines Day too.
Matlock - Derbyshire hills, lots of lovely places to visit in that area. I've spent many a happy day or two roaming that area.
Good luck with the diorama.
hugs, Neet 1 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Twiglet said...

Matlock is a lovely area. We enjoyed a few days there in the early summer. I love your card and the mysterious resin pot 😃x x Jo 🌈

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad you had a good time while you were away Angela and you are now recovered from the jab. Can't wait to see your resin pour when it is fully revealed! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW, Sarah

Lindart said...

Oooh! Can't wait to see the finished diorama! Glad you got your Shingles vaccine, shingles is such an awful thing to have. My SIL had it and she was miserable for a long time. Your anniversary card is lovely. I've never, in 40 years, received an anniversary card from anyone other than my hubby! Have a wonderful week, Lindart #15

Kyla said...

running late for my replies, but your diorama is looking really interesting. Your trip to Matlock Bath looked fantastic, never been before, but it looks lovely.
Kyla

Blogs I follow

01 09 10